Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeltaJMJ

Serious FS9 Problem

Guest DeltaJMJ

Hi y'all, I have just installed FS2004 on my new computer (which has the juice to run it - dual core processor at 4 gHz, Geforce 9200 card, 4 GB of ram), but I'm having a very bizarre problem. The external views won't refresh. I can't really even describe it that well. For instance, sitting at KSEA in the default 172, I can tell that FS is running fine, because when I throttle up, the gauges all reflect the increase (pressure increases, RPM increases, so forth); in fact, if I release the brakes, I can even get up to speed and take off, as reflected by the airspeed indicator, artificial horizon, altimeter, VSI, etc. etc. But the view outside the cockpit is still just looking down the runway. If I switch views, nothing happens, until I cycle back to the cockpit. Even then, only the panel has changed. The outside view is exactly as it was when I booted up the sim.I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. I've tried even the most bare bones settings, and nothing helped. Might be worth noting, too, that when I use shift-z, it tells me I'm getting 20 fps.Any insight would be extremely helpful!Thanks,DeltaJMJ

Guest DeltaJMJ

Might be helpful to note that I'm running Vista-64 bit.

Are you running full screen or windowed? Try switching back and forth.
DeltaTo fix this problem follow these instructions.Right click on your desktopClick - PersonalizeClick - Windows Colour & AppearanceSelect - Windows Vista Basic from the Colour Scheme drop down listRestart FS9Enjoy your new working viewsRgdsDean

Guest DeltaJMJ
DeltaTo fix this problem follow these instructions.Right click on your desktopClick - PersonalizeClick - Windows Colour & AppearanceSelect - Windows Vista Basic from the Colour Scheme drop down listRestart FS9Enjoy your new working viewsRgdsDean
I'm going to name my firstborn after you - you're a miracle worker.My utmost thanks!-DeltaJMJ

I've had my share in bad experiences with Vista Aero as well at different ocurrences, so disabling Aero was my first thought as well. IMHO and after all I've been through I consider Aero to be a real mess and you can quickly run into big troubles with it, so best leave it off (who needs these fancy graphics when speed and functionality matter?)!Andreas