Sign in to follow this  
Meela

UI Update?

I purchased the PMDG 747 (FSX) version of FScrew shortly after purchasing the 747 from PMDG. It seemed the perfect add-on for me at first glance. I used FScrew for maybe a week, and uninstalled it. I just could not "get" the interface. It felt so much like I was was simply memorizing a long sequence of buttons rather than interacting with a crew aboard the aircraft. Don't get me wrong, I think the concept and overall quality of FScrew was great, but in the end, I felt it was hindering my flying of this already complicated aircraft rather than augmenting my enjoyment of it. Not long after, I found a user mod for the LevelD 763 that allowed the use of a wide screen resolution. I purchased the 763, and then, hoping it would work better for this less complicated aircraft, purchased the LevelD version of FScrew. I gave it a go for a couple days, before once again uninstalling FScrew. Same reason as the PMDG 747 version. Along come the PMDG MD-11. While I was disappointed PMDG decided to do another long haul aircraft, it's impossible to deny the level of near perfection PMDG did with it's latest plane. Once again, I headed over here to see if anything has changed with the FScrew UI. With glee I see that at least it looks different in the screen shots and proceed to the checkout. After a week of usage, FScrew is still installed. For once, I feel that FScrew is an add-on that is augmenting my enjoyment of the airplane. While the UI is still far from what I would like it to be, it is a real improvement over previous versions. I realize that each of the versions I mention here are all built for essentially different platforms as each of the planes has been developed differently, and you had good collaboration with PMDG on the MD-11 development; But is there any chance for an update to the previous versions that works more like the MD-11 (or even better - yeah I'm greedy)? I'd really like to be able to re-install and enjoy the previous ones I have purchased as much as I have this most recent one. (And just so I am being clear, I think the concept, and overall workings of FScrew is fantastic. I realize that you are working with a great many limitations imposed by the FSX platform, and the added complexity of the aforementioned aircraft. You certainly deserve my money for the entertainment value you have provided me - I just despise the system that is used to interact with your otherwise great product)Steven

I realize that each of the versions I mention here are all built for essentially different platforms as each of the planes has been developed differently, and you had good collaboration with PMDG on the MD-11 development; But is there any chance for an update to the previous versions that works more like the MD-11 (or even better - yeah I'm greedy)? I'd really like to be able to re-install and enjoy the previous ones I have purchased as much as I have this most recent one. (And just so I am being clear, I think the concept, and overall workings of FScrew is fantastic. I realize that you are working with a great many limitations imposed by the FSX platform, and the added complexity of the aforementioned aircraft. You certainly deserve my money for the entertainment value you have provided me - I just despise the system that is used to interact with your otherwise great product)Steven
Hello Steven,Unfortunately I won't be able to re-write the 747 version to make the UI similar to that used in the MD11.For one thing, to re-code all of that would take months.The other issue is that the UI is subjective. Some people actually prefer the 747 interface style over the MD11's, and vice versa.It's impossible to make everyone happy, although on the whole I think the MD11's FS2Crew UI is about as about as close to perfection as I can get given the framework in which I have to operate.As for FS2Crew being very scripted, structured, procedural - that's what airline flying generally is, unless you lose both engines over New York :( The one other FS2Crew product you might like is the Airbus version; the UI in that version is quite similar to that used in the MD11 version.Best,