Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest bsindia

MD11 for FSX

I am running FSX and the MD11 product on a Dell XPS systems with 3GB of memory, 1TB of disk and a 3.6Ghz processor. My problem occurs when flying an arrival , to any airport, At some point during a long final, the MD11 simply locks up for an extended period of time followed by a crash to desktop of FSX. This does not occur with the 744 product for FSX. Please help!bsindia - Burley

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I beta tested the FSX version partly on the Dell XPS with a P4 3.2GHz and 2GB memory. No problem with hardware but I wonder what else is going on, for example if you are using ASX I used to have problems with it causing FSX to quit reasponding (my new quad processor-based system fixed that). The CTD could also be cause by a memory problem because your physical space exceeds 32b OS addressing capability.Try without addons and start isolating what is causing your glitch. True, you may not have this problem with the 747 but the MD11 itself is probably not to blame but at some point adding one more kb of memory utilization will catch up with you (if you have a 32b OS).

I beta tested the FSX version partly on the Dell XPS with a P4 3.2GHz and 2GB memory. No problem with hardware but I wonder what else is going on, for example if you are using ASX I used to have problems with it causing FSX to quit reasponding (my new quad processor-based system fixed that). The CTD could also be cause by a memory problem because your physical space exceeds 32b OS addressing capability.Try without addons and start isolating what is causing your glitch. True, you may not have this problem with the 747 but the MD11 itself is probably not to blame but at some point adding one more kb of memory utilization will catch up with you (if you have a 32b OS).
Thanks for the information. I do not use add-on software so we can eliminate that first. I am running a 32b OS so is there any way to overcome the memory issue? In the mean time I will run complete diags on my memory. I have 3gb of paging as well. I would think the system would page instead of locking up.