Sign in to follow this  
Guest kelvind80

Touch & Go

Guest kelvind80

Hi there,I am wondering for a touch and go would this be decided before decistion height? Or is a Touch & Go executed in the event of an emergency on the runway?Because I am wondering the procedures for one (in the 737NG). I am not sure whether to arm the spoilers and speedbrake because it seems pointless as the brakes will be cutout straight away and the spoiler would be retracted in order to do one. Which leads me to believe that the decision of a Touch & Go is decided prior to landing?Kelvin

Guest PPSFA
Hi there,I am wondering for a touch and go would this be decided before decistion height? Or is a Touch & Go executed in the event of an emergency on the runway?Because I am wondering the procedures for one (in the 737NG). I am not sure whether to arm the spoilers and speedbrake because it seems pointless as the brakes will be cutout straight away and the spoiler would be retracted in order to do one. Which leads me to believe that the decision of a Touch & Go is decided prior to landing?Kelvin
A 'touch n go' is a practice manuver used to avoid a full stop landing while doing 'pattern' work or practicing approaches. Unless you are flying with an instructor and he directs you to make a touch n go the decision is yours. It is good practice as you are forced to reconfigure the aircraft from a landing to a takoff configuration in a very short time. This usually involves flap settings, thrust, etc. Touch n go's are normally for GA planes, but in FS, anything is OK :(

whether to arm the spoilers and speedbrake because it seems pointless as the brakes will be cutout straight away and the spoiler would be retracted in order to do one.
You have to consult the aircraft manual which usually tells you how to perform a touch & go in terms of flap settings and other parameters. Even 747s sometimes do it. On the PMDG forum this was discussed for 737 and 747.

You have to consult the aircraft manual which usually tells you how to perform a touch & go in terms of flap settings and other parameters. Even 747s sometimes do it. On the PMDG forum this was discussed for 737 and 747.
In response to that watch this!

Guest byoungblood
A 'touch n go' is a practice manuver used to avoid a full stop landing while doing 'pattern' work or practicing approaches. Unless you are flying with an instructor and he directs you to make a touch n go the decision is yours. It is good practice as you are forced to reconfigure the aircraft from a landing to a takoff configuration in a very short time. This usually involves flap settings, thrust, etc. Touch n go's are normally for GA planes, but in FS, anything is OK :(
Because of the way turbine engine aircraft are configured on descent, it is a possibility for them to do a touch and go on a missed approach, particularly on a Category 2 ILS. By the time they configure the aircraft for the go-around, the mains may kiss the pavement briefly. At 100' AGL, we're only talking about a matter of seconds before the aircraft would be on the ground anyway.