Sign in to follow this  
Guest magnum_force

FS9 real weather dead spots

Guest magnum_force

Hello to you flight sim loversI was wondering about real weather downloads and dead places.For example: I download real weather from MS for Earkson Air Base in the Aleutian islands, one of the worst weather spots on the globe and it is clear weather all the time.Also, another place I noticed the weather go dead and completely calm was on a flight that took me way out in the Gulf of Mexico.Is it because of no weather reporting stations for certain remote areas.?On that above mentioned Gulf of Mexico flight, as soon as I got near land, (maybe within 50 miles or so) all my real WX came back (head wind, altimeter setting, etc) in flight.If this has been covered before in another post, I am sorry, I missed it.Maybe I was in the MS Twilight Zone. :( Thanks.R. Martin

Hi,I hate this dead spot thing, another one is Vienna, Austria and Oslo, Norway. As you mention, I guess the reason is the lack of weather stations. Hard to believe that there aren't any in the cities I stated above though... I usually get the correct weather back as soon as I'm airborne, just nothing at the airfields.BTW, I did open a thread about this a couple of times but didn't get much reaction, only advice like getting Active Sky.Happy landings

Guest magnum_force
Hi,I hate this dead spot thing, another one is Vienna, Austria and Oslo, Norway. As you mention, I guess the reason is the lack of weather stations. Hard to believe that there aren't any in the cities I stated above though... I usually get the correct weather back as soon as I'm airborne, just nothing at the airfields.BTW, I did open a thread about this a couple of times but didn't get much reaction, only advice like getting Active Sky.Happy landings
Hi Thanks very much for the reply. I was wondering if my weather downloads were messed up.Now I am sadder than I was, knowing I cant real WX out in the Aleutian islands.I wanted to try the Shemya Air Force Base (Earkson AB now) USAF Cobra Ball landing.Bummer.Vienna, Austria and Oslo, Norway have dead spots in real WX? Those are very populated areas.!Unreal.ThanksRoger M.

........ getting Active Sky.
Guys,Really.... Get Active Sky from HifiSim. Appearantly you want to fly in real weather conditions and if so, then Active Sky is the way to go.MSFS Real WX has some major gaps, bugs and shortcommings, which are all filled by Active Sky.Active Sky is by far the best investment I ever made on FS. I use it on evey flight I make.regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Guys,Really.... Get Active Sky from HifiSim. Appearantly you want to fly in real weather conditions and if so, then Active Sky is the way to go.MSFS Real WX has some major gaps, bugs and shortcommings, which are all filled by Active Sky.Active Sky is by far the best investment I ever made on FS. I use it on evey flight I make.regards,Frank
Have to agree FS real weather is rubbish..

Rob Prest