Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

FS 2002 problems

Hi,I've been running FS2k2 for a while now and it's giving me fits with some add-on aircraft. Sometimes the aircraft shows up in FS, and sometimes it dosen't. For example, I recently tried to install the new MelJet 777 but it dosen't show up in FS. The folder is in the aircraft folder in FS but it (and a lot of other planes) isn't listed. I am running an Athalon XP1800, 528 meg of ram, Win98SE. Any ideas?Bill DanielsTucson, AZ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to make sure that all the folders and files are installed. You must have: 1) under the main a/c folder: aircraft.cfg and aircraft.air and the following folders model, sound, panel, and texture. 2) under the model folder: aircraft.mdl and model.cfg 3) a valid panel.cfg 4) a valid sound.cfg 5) valid textures for the aircraftI've found over the years that if any a/c doesn't show up it's because one of these is missing.:-waveSteve

Steve,I checked a file that dosen't show up in FS2k2, a MelJet 777 painted for Westwind Airlines (a Virtual Airline), and I used this particular craft since it came with a installation executable. All the mentioned files were properly there, but the aircraft refuses to show up in FS. Anybody else out there have an idea?Bill DanielsTucson, AZ

I would open the aircraft.cfg file and make sure you don't have duplicate title='s. When you load MSFS for this aircraft, it will only show the first instance of the title, and another with the exact name will not be shown.

Don't look under B777 or Boeing, I have Meljet aeroplanes that all show up under "MELJET" - in the aircraft selection menu. I wish there was some sort of standard in this, but apparently there isn't. It seems to me to be a fairly simple rule to name your aircraft by either the manufactures's name, as in Boeing, Airbus, etc... then the type as in B707, B747, B737, A310, A320 or whatever but too many creators of addon aircraft seem to be naming themselves as the manufacturer. I'm not knocking their work or their right to be recognised for their creations, but it does get to be a bit of a pain in the a___ to have to go to "ALL" in the aircraft selection menu and scroll through 200+ aircraft to find the one you're looking for when you know it's a SAL B777 or whatever.