Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scanham

Custom Airport Problem

I am building a fictional airport in Alaska with FS9. I have used AFCAD2 to flatten an area using the apron tool. I decided I didn't really need a runway, since this is a small private airport. I have placed a bunch of trees using Instant Scenery. Everything look okay, but while doing test flights form the airport, my airplane mysteriously crashes at the end of the runway almost like it is hitting an invisible force field. :( No trees or other objects in contact with the airplane. Any idea what might be causing this?Thanks,Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am building a fictional airport in Alaska with FS9. I have used AFCAD2 to flatten an area using the apron tool. I decided I didn't really need a runway, since this is a small private airport. I have placed a bunch of trees using Instant Scenery. Everything look okay, but while doing test flights form the airport, my airplane mysteriously crashes at the end of the runway almost like it is hitting an invisible force field. :( No trees or other objects in contact with the airplane. Any idea what might be causing this?Thanks,Steve
Well the usual reason is a hidden building or other object. Sometimes the Crash Box for an object is larger than the object. Are there any trees near the crash point?

Well the usual reason is a hidden building or other object. Sometimes the Crash Box for an object is larger than the object. Are there any trees near the crash point?
There are some trees in another area which are "overly aggressive" with my aircraft :( , but the problem area is near the edge of the terrain that I had flattened. My theory is that when I get too close to the edge, I pick up some of the crash properties of the original terrain elevation. I had such a short take off area, I solved the problem by just flattening a large section, so now everything is good :( Thanks for your help.Steve CanhamVirtual Bush Pilot