Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Cycle 0902 SIDSTAR Collection

PMDG SIDSTARS Cycle 0902 (12Feb-12Mar) Procedures based on FAA Digital Aeronautical Information and Terminal Procedure Publications. This collection includes 68 locations: KABQ KATL KAUS KBDL KBNA KBOS KBUF KBUR KBWI KCLE KCLT KCMH KCVG KDAL KDCA KDEN KDFW KDTW KEWR KFLL KGEG KHOU KIAD KIAH KIND KISP KJAX KJFK KLAS KLAX KLGA KLGB KMCI KMCO KMDW KMEM KMIA KMSP KMSY KOAK KONT KORD KORF KPBI KPDX KPHL KPHX KPIT KPSP KPVD KRDU KRNO KSAN KSAT KSDF KSEA KSFO KSJC KSLC KSMF KSNA KSTL KTPA KTUS PANC PHNL PHOG TJSJ. For PMDG 737NG/747-400/747-400X/MD-11FS9/MD-11FSX The procedures are customized to provide routing beween arrivals and approaches, and connect runway departure to departure routes. Locations without published departures (such as KORD) have routes to commonly used fixes and are designed to mimic actual departure tracks.

Dan Downs KCRP

May I take this opportunity to thank you Dan for providing these... I have seen your list on avsim...Impressive!Where do you find the time to do this?AndrewPS: I think it is time for me to upgrade my AIRAC...

Guest HeavyMetal

Thanks Dan.. You are the MAN !!!! :(

Where do you find the time to do this?Andrew
It takes time... however, most time is spent up front doing the airport for the first time. That can take a long time. The cycle updates are done by going to the FAA NACO web site and filtering the charts to display changes only where I then download the latest charts (I keep all charts on my drive), then I update the sidstar file to match the charts. Often the data behind the charts, such as lat/lon for fixes or new fixes, will change too and I get that by buying the Digital Aeronautical Information from FAA NACO and I use an excel worksheet to translate their format into a fix latlon list that I use in the sidstar file. The information is only a couple of bucks a month, and can be downloaded now instead of having to order a CDROM. Lately I have had time left over to go back through some of the locations and refine, rebuild or add runways with the custom routes between STAR and IAP. I just finished that for KDFW this cycle, you will note I now have all ILS approaches available for all STARs... I started doing that when the MD11 was released because it filters the list of STARs based on the approach you select unlike the Boeings which always give you the whole enchalada. I don't know why I do all of this, except I got started one day looking for a hobby that would require some thought and I got into the PMDG products because they had the updateable SIDSTAR data. Now I am looking forward to the 737NGX because I will get to start the building procedures all over again in ARINC424 format. I probably need a sanity check.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am sure I am not alone in saying thanks to you for doing this... above and beyond the call of duty so to speak!Cheers!Andrew

Thanks all for the acknowledgments... already about 400 downloads. Glad to see it. Please let me know of any squawks via the email address I provide in the readme and each file.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks all for the acknowledgments... already about 400 downloads. Glad to see it. Please let me know of any squawks via the email address I provide in the readme and each file.
Hello Dan, This is my first post on this forum, and I am happy to say that it is complimentary of you. You are truly one of those exceptional folks who, just for the love of their hobby, and their unselfishness, makes such a tremendous contribution to the community we all enjoy being a part of. I constantly read your posts, and your knowledge and insight alone are extremely valuable. But, to also spend your money to purchase charts, to draft up correct procedures and then, to make it available to us all for FREE, is really the mark of an unselfish Human Being ! I am so very proud to write this commendation of you Mr. Dan Downs, because, in this day and time of "rush, Rush," and of "Me, Me....," you stand out as a generous beacon. Please do not question your motives or your sanity, for you are one of the very best. I too, do enjoy flightsimming immensely, and I love the PMDG products for their realism and attention to details, and I thank you for your kindness and for sharing your knowledge with us flightsim enthusiasts. Kudos to you Dan.Respectfully,Godfrey G. :(