Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest FrancoisH

Entering route leading to "NOT ALLOWED"

Hello there,Flying Russia today, I tried this route :

-(FPL-VSG678-IS-1MD11/H-SDGIPRWY/S-EFKU1500-N0420F270 VEH T81 JNS N198 KOMEK/M082S1110 B487 PT B158SU G476 ULWC B958 UNAKA B958 BD-UUDD0110 UUDL ULLI-RMK/CACHCI DOF/090212 RMK/IWT09 LEG10 )

Anyway, this route, when trying to enter the leg SU G476 ULWC or the leg ULWC B958 UNAKA via the AIRWAYS page of LATeral REVision, this is not working, and FMS say "NOT ALLOWED" in the scratchpad because it is looking first at the AIRPORT list rather than the ROUTE one (I suppose).ULWC is present in the route, fixes and airport database files, I just checked before posting here, maybe you can do something for that because the waypoint is really named ULWC and is really part of both G476 and B958.Regards.P.S. Got a second question... Is there a way to enter constraint as meter in the FMC or have I to convert ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I double checked and sure 'nough ULWC appears as a fix in both G476 & B958. This came up before but I don't remember if PMDG offered a solution. I can't imagine why it should reject a fix that is also an ICAO code for an airport because there are many places in the world where airport locations are used in the route structure.First idea for a workaround is trying to use a place/bearing/distance waypoint such as ULWC/0/1 (I think the waypoint has to be at least 1 nm from the fix). You could also try tricking it by creating a user fix, see New Waypoint FMS 100.11. In either case you would have a waypoint not on either airway so the segments before and after the waypoint need to be directs.Using ICAO codes as fixes is done, and the MCDU should allow it.