Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cianpars

Tileproxy & FS9

Hi,Most of the posts seem to relate to FSX settings. Does anyone have any useful setting alterations for FS9?Can someone talk me through the different level_mapping settings I can use and the advantages/disadvantages?Currently using:level_mapping=9,10,11,12,13,14,15Also, I'm still not sure what preload settings I can use and what ffects they have. Currently using:preload_min_lod=11preload_max_lod=17System:AMD 5000 dual core7900GS video2 megs RAMThanks, IAN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ian,Here's what I usually use for FS9 and my somewhat aging rig gets reasonably good visuals and performance:preload_min_lod=9preload_max_lod=12Then under your chosen "Service Example x": min_level=9max_level=15level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,15A few brief explanations:The maximum LOD (preload_max_lod) FS9 can load is 13, which is the same as the Service Example's "max_level=15" (the map service equivalent of an FS LOD is always TWO digits higher. There

Thanks Ed and thanks for your tutorial, without which I would probably never have started to use Tileproxy at all.Thanks too, to Christian for such a wonderful piece of work.Your explanations have helped and I will experiment a little more based upon what you have said.Cheers, IAN