Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

Is there a driver-level frame lock utility for nV GPUs?

I am looking for a driver-level method to lock frames in FSX. As we know, sometimes running UNLIMITED can lead to frame rate surges and jerky video at times. There are also priorization benefits in running UNLIMITED that limiting frames in FSX seems to override, or at least adversely affect. It seems to me a driver level frame rate limiter would solve this conundrum. Any thoughts? I see nV has something called just that, nVidia Frame Lock, but it seems to be geared towards syncing displays for multi or stereo, or would this maybe work?Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am looking for a driver-level method to lock frames in FSX. As we know, sometimes running UNLIMITED can lead to frame rate surges and jerky video at times. There are also priorization benefits in running UNLIMITED that limiting frames in FSX seems to override, or at least adversely affect. It seems to me a driver level frame rate limiter would solve this conundrum. Any thoughts? I see nV has something called just that, nVidia Frame Lock, but it seems to be geared towards syncing displays for multi or stereo, or would this maybe work?Noel
Hi Noel,Turn on V-SyncGood Luck

I used a utillity called FPS_Limiter_GUI for limiting the FPS in Fallout3 but it should work for FSX as long as your running under Dx9 link and info herehttp://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p...amp;postcount=1havent tryed it for FSX so if you do let us know how you get onLatersGiz
Wow, that is great Giz. That is exactly what I was hoping for. I will let you know how it goes . . .Thanks!