Sign in to follow this  
Guest topgun1

747-400 x newbie Question

Guest topgun1

Hello everyone, iam a newbie here and i have a question about PMDG 747-400X excellent flightsim.All the tutorials are begining and starting with the cold and dark cockpit that's o.k if you want to spend hours on end trying to set everything up and yes i know that all of you probably enjoy this.But can i just start with all startup sistems already running and just take off,and everything is already prepared for the tutorial flight i can learn the cold and dark cockpit later.I realy want to purchase this great flight sim but i need the answer to this question first do i have to start in a cold and dark cockpit or can i have the plane allready set on runway for take off.I apreciate any help and thankyou.Danny.

Guest 413X3

hours? i can have her up and running from cold and dark by the time the INS is aligned

Guest lgvpilot1
Hello everyone, iam a newbie here and i have a question about PMDG 747-400X excellent flightsim.All the tutorials are begining and starting with the cold and dark cockpit that's o.k if you want to spend hours on end trying to set everything up and yes i know that all of you probably enjoy this.But can i just start with all startup sistems already running and just take off,and everything is already prepared for the tutorial flight i can learn the cold and dark cockpit later.I realy want to purchase this great flight sim but i need the answer to this question first do i have to start in a cold and dark cockpit or can i have the plane allready set on runway for take off.I apreciate any help and thankyou.Danny.
You can start with the engines running but your not going to be able to navigate or fly a route I wonder if it would be possible for someone to set the aircraft up with fmc set and save the panel state and send it to you , could be an option to get you started If you just want to jump in and fly then the most popular suggestion you are going to see is "Project Opensky"But to be honest it does'nt take hours!Mark

I thought the tutorial that goes from Paine Field to Moses Lake was a pretty quick study.My first preflight in the 747 was about 45 min but I learned so much. I already know how to fly, I wanted to learn about the Queen. This is not a bird that you kick the tires and takeoff.. takes weeks to get proficient.

Dan Downs KCRP

Danny,Yes I have to agree with Dan (that sounded weird) but the 747-400 is not an aircraft they is just "jump in and go", if that was what you were looking for you'd be much better off with the default 747 with some different liveries and a sound update.What makes the PMDG 747 so good is the detail in the aircraft systems, if that's not what you're looking for you've bought the wrong thing in my opinion. The fact I have to configure everything, align the IRS, go through the start procedure, manage packs and AC etc, is the reason I spent the money on this aircraft sim.FYI, if I am in a hurry I can have the aircraft pretty much ready to go in not much more than 10 minutes, it's not a difficult task when you know what you're doing. I would follow the tutorials available and that way you'll learn what it means to fly this aircraft in a commercial sense, which is what it's for.I would take a step back, perhaps take a look at my EGLL to KLAX tutorial and have a read about what it is this aircraft can do, once you've done that flight setup and startup will be easy, and it's much more rewarding that way, trust me.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Danny,Yes I have to agree with Dan (that sounded weird) but the 747-400 is not an aircraft they is just "jump in and go", if that was what you were looking for you'd be much better off with the default 747 with some different liveries and a sound update.What makes the PMDG 747 so good is the detail in the aircraft systems, if that's not what you're looking for you've bought the wrong thing in my opinion. The fact I have to configure everything, align the IRS, go through the start procedure, manage packs and AC etc, is the reason I spent the money on this aircraft sim.FYI, if I am in a hurry I can have the aircraft pretty much ready to go in not much more than 10 minutes, it's not a difficult task when you know what you're doing. I would follow the tutorials available and that way you'll learn what it means to fly this aircraft in a commercial sense, which is what it's for.I would take a step back, perhaps take a look at my EGLL to KLAX tutorial and have a read about what it is this aircraft can do, once you've done that flight setup and startup will be easy, and it's much more rewarding that way, trust me.CheersCraig
Danny,There are 2 way to FLY with this games, in this case with FSX or FS 9 you can use them as game or as Simulator, about 6 months ago, I used it as a game where I fly with missions which you can do quite easy , indeed, what you have to do just to choose which mission you want to fly with, then fly.But If you want to use it as simulator the PMDG 747 so good is the detail in the aircraft systems, because since I fly with PMDG 747, I do not want to fly with any default mission, well thanks to Craig, I learn a lot from him, about how to fly with a good procedure and from now on I fly with PMDG 747 and of course the MD11, so it is up to you, as a game or as simulator.CheersJohn

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg