Sign in to follow this  
BlinkNFG

Help - I want to add moving jetways to payware FSX airports currently with just static jetways

Hi,I am attempting to add moving jetways to my payware add-on airports that do not have them. Some of the products I have bought have moving jetways (e.g FS DreamTeam scenery) and I want to add jetways to the airports I have bought which just have static ones.For these airports I can add FSX default jetways through AFX or by using the GUID code can add the customised FSDreamTeam jetways (I don't see anything wrong with the latter as I have already paid for the FSDreamTeam airports with those jetways and the add-on airports I am changing. I'd liken it to mixing together two songs I had purchased). I am however having some problems with the exlusion of default buildings.First I removed the bgl file that contains the static jetways. I then removed the exclusion file from the add-on airport. This allowed my jetways (added through AFX) to appear. Removing the exclusion file also however meant the default FSX airport appeared over the top of the payware airport. I can remove the default airport buildings by using an AFX exclusion rectangle to exclude library objects but then I also lose the 3rd party add-on airport buildings. So far the only solution I have found is to remove the FSX default objects file for that part of the world (e.g for EDDP I deleted OBX51130.bgl) but that removes buildings from a large number of airports not just the one I want. (for EDDP it also removed buidlings from the Berlin airports and Munich).Does anyone have any advice on a better way of going about this?many thanks for any suggestionsJon

I think your problem may be where in the FSX scenery you are putting your jetways. Maybe you put them in addon scenery\scenery? If so, move the bgl file into the scenery folder of the addon airport and give it a try. You shouldn't need to do any exclusions if you were able to remove the static jetways by removing a file. (If you do need to do an exclusion, to get rid of just some statics for example, then I recommend putting the exclusion file and your jetway file into a new scenery area and activate it in the scenery library with a higher priority than the addon airport.)scott s..

Thanks for the reply. I tried moving the AFX BGL file containing the jetways into the addon airport scenery but the jetways don't show up when the exclusion file that came with the addon airport is present. When that file is removed the jetways show but so does the default FSX airport buildings. I created an exclusion within my AFX file to remove just library objects which got rid of the default buildings but it aslo got rid of my jetways from the same AFX file.

Thanks for the reply. I tried moving the AFX BGL file containing the jetways into the addon airport scenery but the jetways don't show up when the exclusion file that came with the addon airport is present. When that file is removed the jetways show but so does the default FSX airport buildings. I created an exclusion within my AFX file to remove just library objects which got rid of the default buildings but it aslo got rid of my jetways from the same AFX file.
Searching on the internet I have discovered that one of the 'faults' of AFX is that excluding library objects also excludes jetways. By placing my exclusion rectangles carefully (they don't have to cover all of the building to be excluded just its reference point) I have manged to remove the default building but keep my jetwaysJon

Searching on the internet I have discovered that one of the 'faults' of AFX is that excluding library objects also excludes jetways. By placing my exclusion rectangles carefully (they don't have to cover all of the building to be excluded just its reference point) I have manged to remove the default building but keep my jetwaysJon
That is not a fault with AFX but a problem with FSX itself. You are right that the way around it is to exclude just the reference point of an object. It only needs to be a few meters square.