Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OSJJ1985

My own airport

Ok I started to read that "Beginners Guide", but I guess too much for what I actually want. First of all I never created an airport for FS2004, but I sure would be able to create one as an AFCAD file for a start. Talking about "starting"... currently I would like to make my own fictional airport. Having all the runways, taxiways, parkings, etc.... and actually being able to fly there is quite nice, but I would also love to add some quality in to it. It doesn't have to be FlyTampa quality, but I'd at least want to have it above default quality (custom ground texture, jetways, some landclass around it and some objects). According to my creation desire what are the best tools to use for this??

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try Airport Design Editor.EDIT: Oops. I really should learn to read. Somehow, I thought this forum was the FSX Scenery Design, not MSFS Scenery Design. For FS2004, you can try Flight Simulator Scenery Creator. You'll then need to use AFCAD for runways, parking, and such.

Assuming it's for FS9, then AFCAD for parking, ground2k4 or SBuilder (both in the AVSIM library and both with a steep learning curve) for ground work and landclass, and EZscenery from Abacus for placing objects. If you decide to make your own objects, then Gmax for that and make sure to get Arno's MDLtweaker and Library maker for them from FSDeveloper http://www.fsdeveloper.com/Good luck!