Sign in to follow this  
Guest zannu

MD11 Selecting the approch after STAR

Guest zannu

Hi PMDG team i'm using MD11 and Radar Contact and i have a problem. I like to do the manage descend but (i don't know if you know), RC tell me, on approch, the active runway at 40 nM from destination but is necessary to select the STAR before reaching the last waypoint at approximatly 120 nM. My problem is this its possible to select on the first time only the STAR and after the active runway? Because in your tutorial included the istructions made this choise at the same time, but I can't do that on RC because the program don't tell me the active runaway before 40nM and if yes, in what point i do this? From the last before the airports, or when?Thanks Daniele.

I don't see why not. Once an approach is selected, you can also change it if you do the LAT REV from the correct location (otherwise you will have some editing to do to the fpln string).You can get ATIS from at least 60nm out, and should always have it before center hands you off to approach because they want to hear you have current information on check-in. That hand off usually occurs at about 40 nm or 10,000.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi PMDG team i'm using MD11 and Radar Contact and i have a problem. I like to do the manage descend but (i don't know if you know), RC tell me, on approch, the active runway at 40 nM from destination but is necessary to select the STAR before reaching the last waypoint at approximatly 120 nM. My problem is this its possible to select on the first time only the STAR and after the active runway? Because in your tutorial included the istructions made this choise at the same time, but I can't do that on RC because the program don't tell me the active runaway before 40nM and if yes, in what point i do this? From the last before the airports, or when?Thanks Daniele.
Hi Daniele!I usually decide my approaching rwy and STAR when reaching T/D. If you then want to follow all of the waypoints on the FMC viaLNAV, then request an IAP, after approach have given you the active runway, and you just acknowledge. In this mode RC will let you do your ownnavigation to the rwy you choose, and be quiet until you intersect final. In a airliners real life however, you always (nearly) get vectored in to the active rwy. So sometimes, I let ATC vector me in instead./ Leffe

If you then want to follow all of the waypoints on the FMC via LNAV
:( If you then want to follow all the waypoint on the MCDU via PROF... Some people never learn... :(

:( If you then want to follow all the waypoint on the MCDU via PROF... Some people never learn... :(
Why should one use PROF (PROF =VNAV) to follow waypoints to final? It's up to the pilot....You handle this manual by using Vsped and Alt, if you whish. It seems that you never learn smart guy.. B) :( Sorry but you asked for it, cause you sarcasm/Leffe

Darn, you got me there. :( I didn't pay enough attention... I WAS right about the FMC > MCDU though... :(

All this LNAV - NAV, VNAV - PROF, FMC - MCDU stuff is giving me a headache! :DAndrew

All this LNAV - NAV, VNAV - PROF, FMC - MCDU stuff is giving me a headache! :DAndrew
Yeah. Boeings should have been banned. :(

Darn, you got me there. :( I didn't pay enough attention... I WAS right about the FMC > MCDU though... B)
No hart feelings Jeoren! I still prefer to say CDU though, spite of aircraft model.... :( / Leffe :(