Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Tronjer

MD-11 Panel State

Hi PMDG-Team,I recently purchased the MD-11 for FSX and try to make my way through Tutorial #1. My problem is, that for some reason I can't save in the Save Panel State Menu. Every time I try to enter a new file name, I get the error message 'can not create file' and FSX itself unfortunately doesn't save the current panel state along with a savegame. I followed the tutorial step by step and everything worked fine till page 16, when my MD-11 stopped after pushback and another aircraft ran into me. Maybe I needed to long for engine starting process, but it's my first time ever to fly a heavy aircraft anyway. How to fix the panel state issue? Don't want to do whole setup again and get another crash after.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you have vista have you assigned admin rights to pmdg files and folders so it can create/modify files?Pushback is controlled by Ground Control (or company ramp control) in RW so ground traffic is a different issue. I turn off collision detect and ignore the silly AI traffic.

If you have vista have you assigned admin rights to pmdg files and folders so it can create/modify files?
Thank you, that worked. No idea why one can't save panels and write in this folder by default. I wonder, if I'm the only one who encountered this problem.