Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JPGREGG

737 600/700 "Not In Database"

Please forgive me if there's an easy answer to this... this is my first post here. When I try to enter an airport into the 737 700 FMC, I get a "Not in Database" response. I do have an active AIRAC file (the FMC does not say "Installation Required" in that location), but I've tried a number of airports, KCLM, KSEA, as well as EDLP in the pre-loaded flight "PDMG-Quickstart", and none of them work. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my FMC working again? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the 737NG software?Thanks!JPG

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The FMC needs concurrent cycle (same cycle) navdata (airac) and sidstars.The navdata should be in the ..fs9..\FMCWP\NAVDATA folder and the sidstars should be in the ..fs9..\PMDG\SIDSTARS folder (FSX is a little different).Verify you have these files. In navdata, the file airports.data lists all airports and the file wpNavAPT.txt lists the runways for each aiport and runway info such as length, bearing, elev, ILS freq and course. The sidstar files are one for each ICAO (KSEA.txt for example) and the runways in the sidstar must agree with the runways in the navdata which is one reason both sets of data should be the same cycle.There is an article in the pmdg ops section titled SIDSTARS which talks about how to get them and use them.Current cycle is 0902.Forum rules require that you sign your name to posts. Thanks.

Thanks for your help. For whatever reason, my NAVDATA folder did not have a file titled "airports.data", although it did have wpNavAPT.txt. My sidstar files lookd OK. So I'll look into why my airports.data file is gone, and I'll check out the article about how to get the new info.Thanks again.Paul Gregg