Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WebMech

Md-11 routes

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dave, they do disappear from the fpln in a fashion (last wp info is shown). The question is why it doesn't dissappear in the tutorial flight... I didn't notice either way. Interesting.

As soon as you pass a waypoint it becomes the FROM waypoint at the top of the list. So it's indeed normal that the waypoints disappears. Seems to me you didn't use NAV (somehow) during the tutorial... If you fly using a heading or whatever and don't use the flightplan, the waypoints won't disappear: the FMC thinks you are still trying to reach the first waypoint. But er... this hardly seems possible if you indeed flew the complete tutorial and landed in one piece... Another explanation might be that you were too busy during the first tutorial flight to notice that the waypoints were actually removed... Maybe you just thought the list scrolled upwards and everything was still in there but out of sight...? When you scroll through the list it's easy to lose oversight on where you are in the list (even now I frequently press the up button instead of the down button because they are opposite of what I expect and before I know it, I don't know where the top or bottom is...). And now you've had some more time to look at the MCDU during the flight, you noticed, while scrolling up through the list, that the waypoints had actually disappeared...? Seems the most logical solution to this problem... :(

Well looks like after all this is like it should be. But in the tutorial the waypoints didnt disappear cus i've done twice and yes ive done it like it was described but somehow that happened. It seems that my "problem" was not a problem.Well anyway tks for the help Jeroen and Dan