Sign in to follow this  
moggel

Which mission editor should I get?

I'm considering buying a mission editor but I have no idea which one to choose: FSAddon's "FSX Mission Editor" (recently reviewed) or Flight1's "Instant Mission Maker".Can anyone hand some advice? I read the review on FSX Mission Editor and it looked promising but I have no idea how it compares to IMM in terms of flexibility or abilities. I'm a developer so I consider myself a fairly advanced user.Thanks/Jonas

Instant Mission Maker is sold using the Flight1 system. Try it, see if it fills your needs. If not, you have thirty days to ask for a refund.

Hi FolksJonas -Jim Keir's FSX Mission Editor is free, with restricted functionality.Purchasing a key, unlocks the additional functionality.If you want to make simple missions, with mimnimal user interactionand without bothering to learn,then IMM is the tool for you.If you wish to progress beyond that, recommend FSXME.For the opinions of mission creators,suggest asking over at - Flight Simulator X Missions.comwhere there's an active community developing missions. Or at - FSDeveloper - Mission developmentHTHATBPaul

Guest jshyluk

The most expensive answer is to get both! They are fairly compaitible with one another. IMM excels at getting you started and has a strong interface for dealing with FSX Mission visuals. FSXME excels at providing the widest range of Mission resources, and at debugging which is important if you use a lot of event triggers. FSXME has a try-before-you-buy free option, which is generous. The online forum for FSXME is very good as well.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM