Hi,I am running FSX on Core Duo E6850@3ghz, 4gig corsair ram, Gigabyte DS3 mobo, 768mb 8800GTX with a Dell 24' widescreen.I now want to add another 2 monitors either side for a full cockpit view also using my current TrackIR connected via WideView.Would I need to build another 2 complete systems and if so would they need to be same or similar specs to what I already have or could I take advantage of the low prices on some of the older cpus etcAlso would all 3 monitors need to be the same or could I add 2 17' monitors for the side views in addition to my 24' widescreen?ThanksGraham

Hi GrahamThere are two ways of achieving this :-a. Use Wideview which would require 2 complete systems although they can be of a lesser specification. You can use whatever screens you have available in a different resolution to the main PC.b. Purchase a Matrox Triplehead device and keep to one PC although this will really push your PC at higher slider settings. It is also preferable to use identical screens in this configuration.RegardsLufty

Hi,I am running FSX on Core Duo E6850@3ghz, 4gig corsair ram, Gigabyte DS3 mobo, 768mb 8800GTX with a Dell 24' widescreen.I now want to add another 2 monitors either side for a full cockpit view also using my current TrackIR connected via WideView.Would I need to build another 2 complete systems and if so would they need to be same or similar specs to what I already have or could I take advantage of the low prices on some of the older cpus etcAlso would all 3 monitors need to be the same or could I add 2 17' monitors for the side views in addition to my 24' widescreen?ThanksGraham

Thanks for the reply.I am leaning towards getting the Triplehead2go digital and either 3 x 19 inch or 3 x 22 inch widescreen lcd monitors.Will cost approx

Guest Astrolis

Hi there,I'm just saying this because I'm both a TrackIR and Tripplehead2Go user. I hope this could be useful to thee.On the highest graphics available, you will se reductions in FPS on example given PMDG MD-11 and the 744. Mostly with other payware addons. I recommend Tripplehead when doing VFR flights in the bush, NOT for the heavy IFR flights although it's still fun.I have an 21 inch monitor in the middle and two 17s on the side, and it works a ton!Hope this information helps,AstroP.s. Should I send my specs in comparison?

There is a third, less costly method for multiple monitors. Simply plug a second monitor into the spare port of your video card- you may need a simple adapter.Then in Control Panel/ Display/Settings configure the monitors for physical position, resolution & extending your desktop across both monitors so you can drag the cursor from far left to extreme right of both mons. You can now open a second FS View or Popup, undock and drag it to your new monitor, then resize it as appropriate.This method is for 2D panels- does not work for Virtual panels, in which case you need TH2Go.-------------Add a second video card and you can have a third monitor. This card must be of the same family as primary GPU but could be an older model from a junk box as long as it works from the Driver for primary GPU.-------------My FS9 system works perfectly in this mode and I have seen an FSX triple mon setup also working this way.I have read that WIN7 basic version will NOT support multiple monitors.The attached pic shows FS9 triple views working with mixed CRT and LCDs.There is a frame rate penalty for multiple VIEWS- but much less than you would expect. About 33% for two views, 50% for triple views. Adjusting the FS display settings to yield 30-45FPS with one mon should put you in good shape with triple mons.Alex ReidFS9 running on a 6 yr old AMD XP2200-1.8 Ghz & 2 GeForce FX5200 GPUs. Views LFwd,Fwd,RFwd yield a 135