Sign in to follow this  
mcparr42

No AI with World Aiprorts 3 / Imagine Sim

Hello,I am having a troubling problem with the World Airports 3 title that I just received from Just Flight. It is a DVD containing 5 Imagine Sim airports for FS9/FSX (KATL, KCVG, KCLT, MYNN, TJSJ).I have installed the correct version (FSX version) and am having two significant issues. (1) I am seeing no AI aircraft whatsoever at these airports. I have installed different AI mapping files (parked ai and without parked ai) from the imagine sim site to no avail. (2) The taxiway/tarmac textures seem to change to another color about 50 feet from my plane, creating a very noticible and undesired color contrast.To clairify, I have checked my other default add on airports and am having no problem with my AI traffic. I have SP2 installled. I have also tried disabling other add ons in my scenery library to check for a possible conflict with no luck.I have used MSFS for some time and have not had a problem like this. It is rather frustrating. I do not want to have to reinstall, any input is welcome.Thanks.

Hello,I am having a troubling problem with the World Airports 3 title that I just received from Just Flight. It is a DVD containing 5 Imagine Sim airports for FS9/FSX (KATL, KCVG, KCLT, MYNN, TJSJ).I have installed the correct version (FSX version) and am having two significant issues. (1) I am seeing no AI aircraft whatsoever at these airports. I have installed different AI mapping files (parked ai and without parked ai) from the imagine sim site to no avail. (2) The taxiway/tarmac textures seem to change to another color about 50 feet from my plane, creating a very noticible and undesired color contrast.To clairify, I have checked my other default add on airports and am having no problem with my AI traffic. I have SP2 installled. I have also tried disabling other add ons in my scenery library to check for a possible conflict with no luck.I have used MSFS for some time and have not had a problem like this. It is rather frustrating. I do not want to have to reinstall, any input is welcome.Thanks.
Also have reinstalled the World Airports 3 package with no success. Other than the 2 listed issues the terminals and buildings look great.

Easy fix for no AI, you need to turn off aircraft casts shadows on the ground. Also good luck getting ground to give you taxi instructions at KCLT. I emailed them about that problem and they said they were in the process of updating all of their AFCADS and ATC files for all of their airports. They said it might be ready end of March or early april. I also have their KATL and have no problems with it at all. Long story short turn off aircraft ground shadows to see AI.

Jim Wenham

Thanks for the quick reply. Turning off the ground shadows corrected the problem. I too have a good system as you do and usually run with the option on. Would have been nice to have something in the instruction manual that advised me of this (not sure if in the Imagine Sim manual but not in the Just Flight booklet, which other than this, was very well produced).In regards to your problem with CLT and the lack of taxi instructions, I also have the same issue. I checked the AFD file with the Flight 1 Airport Facilitator software and it shows the taxiways to be properly labeled as in real life, so I dont know what is wrong. Taxi instructions are fine at ATL, CVG, TJSJ, and MYNN.

Lucky for us the progressive taxi still works. I guess we will just have to wait for their updates later this month.

Jim Wenham