Sign in to follow this  
jsheldon

POKSY/PSS 777 Merge

Hi All !Just wondering if any kind soul out there can help me. I have successfully merged the Posky 777 with the PSS 777 panel (including VC gauges) using the merge here in the library and it all looks/works great!However, the aircraft cannot keep on the ILS during an automatic approach. It captures the localizer fine and begins the descent once the glideslope kicks in, but soon after it completely loses the glideslope and I have to manually take over. My landing speeds are correct and the plane is properly trimmed. This has happened on every appproach to any airport and I would love to be able to fix this.Any ideas ?Thanks in advanceJonny

Stupid question #1; did you test it in "ideal" conditions that is with default (i.e. clear skies) weather and on approach to a default airport? The only issue that the PSS panel sometimes has (and it is difficult to reproduce) that I've experienced on final is a swaying from side to side right after it captures the glideslope, which sometimes can cause an overbank in extreme conditions, but other than that, once you get it in a proper configuration, things should go smoothly.

Stupid question #1; did you test it in "ideal" conditions that is with default (i.e. clear skies) weather and on approach to a default airport? The only issue that the PSS panel sometimes has (and it is difficult to reproduce) that I've experienced on final is a swaying from side to side right after it captures the glideslope, which sometimes can cause an overbank in extreme conditions, but other than that, once you get it in a proper configuration, things should go smoothly.
Yes (not a stupid question! ) - tried it in clear conditions at several places. The capture is fine and all seems good until suddenly it starts to descend too rapidly.The PSS aircraft work fine - it's just with this merge that the problem seems to exist.Jonny

I know this might be a long shot, but:Are you using pss or posky air file?One experience I had with merges: they almost never work 100%.

Not sure of which file your talking about but..Did you merge the panel to the aircraft or the aircraft to the panel?I find some don't like a specific way. Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG