Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G-SWSM

EasyNavs FS9/X (v1.02)

Hi All.I have grabbed this neat little utility, but I am having problems finding the location of the files it's sking me for.For instance it askes me to "import navaids from bgl" and then I have to select them from a box, but I'm not too sure where they are located and what I should be looking for.I have tried selecting a few random ones, but it keeps telling me that they do not contain any relevant information etc.Any help would be most welcome.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi All.I have grabbed this neat little utility, but I am having problems finding the location of the files it's sking me for.For instance it askes me to "import navaids from bgl" and then I have to select them from a box, but I'm not too sure where they are located and what I should be looking for.I have tried selecting a few random ones, but it keeps telling me that they do not contain any relevant information etc.Any help would be most welcome.Thanks.
I'm assuming you're using EasyNavs found here.Two tools that I'd use are:AFCAD V2.21 (File name: afcad221.zip) found here.and LWMViewer found here.Using AFCAD, open up the airport that contain some navids. Then click file-properties, and you can see the bgl that contains some navaids associated with that airport. If you're looking for a VOR that is at the airport, and not found in the BGL that AFCAD displayed, then use LWMviewer.Start up LWMViewer, click File-Open by Cords.... and copy and paste the Lat/long info (obtained from AFCAD) into the open window.What LWMViewer displays, is all BGL files associated with that Lat/Long.The NV*****.BGL will contain some more navaids.RJ