HiI have a dual core system here, and I want to add another card.The main videocard is a PCI-E card.Edit: its a P5LD2-X mobo, and I have a 8800 GTX card..Can I add other PCI-E cards? or are the spare slots different? so need a different card?Can anyone enlight me?Johan :( :(

When you say you want to add another card, are you referring to a graphics card or something else?Your motherboard does not feature another PEG 16 slot, so the only other graphics card form factors you can install would be PCI or PCI-e x1, neither of which are performance-oriented.

Thanks.. I already found out.. its a pitty. Could a normal PCI card be used to display only a 2D panel ? like a pedestal ?Thanks.. I already found out.. its a pitty. Could a normal PCI card be used to display only a 2D panel ? like a pedestal ?

Thanks.. I already found out.. its a pitty. Could a normal PCI card be used to display only a 2D panel ? like a pedestal ?Thanks.. I already found out.. its a pitty. Could a normal PCI card be used to display only a 2D panel ? like a pedestal ?
----------------Johan- With FS9/Win XP, I have both a PCI card and an AGP card driving triple monitors with triple synched 2D views. The PCI card powers the third view plus any popup panel you want to place there. Be aware that Overhead panels soak up a lot of horsepower- other popups such as pedestal, GPS etc seem to have very little to no effect on FPS.This runs very reliably on a 5 year old AMD 1.8 with GeForce FX 5200 cards. In the pic, the left mon is on the PCI card. Note the LCDs overlapped on the CRT bezels.Alex ReidBonanza- Dawn, on Final KLAX R6R (Outside light caused excess bluish tones in this digital snap)

Hi,Since I have a dual head card, I thought about getting a DualHead2Go, hook up my two 22" monitors, and use the other port for a 19" touchscreen to put the pedestal on.Will this work ?Johan

Hi,Since I have a dual head card, I thought about getting a DualHead2Go, hook up my two 22" monitors, and use the other port for a 19" touchscreen to put the pedestal on.Will this work ?Johan
---------------Johan- I expect your plan should work but I'm no tech whiz. I'm running 2 monitors from an AGP Dual Head Geforce FX5200- (plus a third from a same type PCI card.). Presumably you should be able to drive a DH2Go from such a card.Be aware that the DH/TH2Go hardware is primarily for virtual cockpit. It simply stretches the main monitor view and cockpit over 2 (or 3) mons. With 2D, the result is ovalized gauges/instruments. If you want a wider field of view, you need to display two (or three) views synched into what your eyes see as one. I chose the latter because with triple views, the resulting Field of View is about 145

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

A second card in a PCI slot should have no problem running a panel.I'm doing that myself. The main PCI 16x card runs one forward outside display and the MIP, while the secondary PCI card in this photo runs the engine gauge stack with no frame hit:727230013.jpg

Drooling!I always use the VC, and have already a wide view, 2 x 22" monitors for the sim. Just wanted to add another one for the pedestal. I gonna try it with a PCI card.Johan

Guest islandflyer

What a setup! Can I come over and play...?