Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike_G

Thanks for a great program

Hi ChristianI just want to thank you for all the hard work you've put into this project. I was unsuccessful at making Tileproxy work in Windows XP (the 0 accesses problem), but I was able to use the advice given on this forum to configure it to work in Windows 7 beta. I'm grateful to yourself and the other forum members for this. I can understand why people say 'once you've used Tileproxy, it's hard to go back! It really transforms FSX into something much better - you can now explore the world instead of exploring MS generated terrain.I hope that access to map servers will continue to be possible despite the recent loss of a prominant server.Thanks again,Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Would just like to add my vote of thanks to Christian. Having tried TP several times in the past with FSX and had to give up due to serious blurries, this time i've cracked it courtesy of trying the HiRes option and a tip from a forum member to lower my screen resolution a notch. There really is no substitute to TP for us 'low and slow-ers'. Flying over the real world is as real as it gets, and given the poor coverage in general of photo-real scenery TP is most certainly a gift and-a-half!

I'm also very thankfully for Christian's work. I mostly fly in areas with LOD9 or something, but still I feel it's much better than default FSX. At least if I look to the horizon. I can now see forest, cities and get a feel for how these places looks like, instead of just farms all over the world.Just looking forward to see updated maps covering more of the world.