Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

citation x?

can someone tell me where can i find a very good citation x (preffer gmax) if it exist?

The best is probably Chuck Dome's FSDS2 Citation X.... Search on google, and you'll find it. It has reflections and all the other goodies we like. It's a bit weak on the interior texturing, but Chuck is very good at turning out decent visual models quickly. His Citation X is one of the best I've seen.-John

I totally agree with John, Chuck is great at FPS friendly , outstanding visual models, but the VC interiors are very lacking in detail. If this isn't an importance to you, you can't go wrong with Chucks birds! He and Mike Stone have similar styles (IMO), quality aircraft without allot of eye candy.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

I agree with you about Mike's work as well. The only thing sad is he doesn't include wing views on his aircraft, even when the wings can be seen from the cockpit. His Beech 1900 is the best out there, and he has other great models as well. Wing views have never killed fps, as they are only rendered from the cockpit. And they can be added quickly, simply by copying the parts needed into the virtual cockpit view. Sadly, my own efforts at freeware aircraft don't yet compare. My recent Microlight would have a long way to go before it came up to the quality of either of these designers... But at least it has wing views :)I still hold out hope that Mike might release updated an mdl file for at least his Beech 1900.... That's all it would take to add wing/engine views for his classic bird...-JohnBTW, Chuck has a great Citation Mustang out as well...

anyone have comments about the Citation featured in Abacus' Corporate Pilot? (yes, other than it's originally for FS2K...)Rick

I've only seem some screenshots of it.... At first I thought it was Chuck's, so I'd say Chuck's would at least be on par with it. Most of the Abacus aircraft products just haven't looked on par with today's freeware, if only because of their original FS2000 ties. And today's payware, like the Beechjet project going on at Eaglesoft, simply blows Abacus away in quality. Hopefully a Corporate Pilot user will be able to offer you more info...-John

Guest United

It is not GMax, (At least I don't think it is), but I've never seen another Citation X that looks as good externally. Sorry, but I checked out Chuck's, I dont think Chuck's is as nice. The problem is that the Abacus Citation X is payware. The panel is OK, not great by any means, no bells and whistles for sure. The Corporate Pilot series by Abacus is pretty good, not great, but then again, Biz Jets have not been a big priority amoung the payware giants like Wilco, PSS, Dreamfleet, ect.Randy Jura, KPDX