Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stfitts

Auto Thrust and me.

I have a question. On departure your given a initial ALT of 5000. After wheels up would you pull the ALT knob to select PITCH or would you select PROF to 5000? Also, if you alter the CLB thrust ALT, do you have to be in PROF mode for that to activate?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For your first question, I would probably select PROF. Why not? Personally, I find selecting PROF on the ground prior to takeoff is best. It seems to work best to avoid odd issues I've had engaging certain FCP modes after takeoff. If I wait to engage PROF or any other mode after I rotate, I seem to have odd issues with HDG select and other things.I don't know about your second question.

I have a question. On departure your given a initial ALT of 5000. After wheels up would you pull the ALT knob to select PITCH or would you select PROF to 5000? Also, if you alter the CLB thrust ALT, do you have to be in PROF mode for that to activate?
to 1: preselect 5000ft and prof while still on GND.to 2: correct! in prof mode the autopilot will follow those ALTs, like all eng accel, eng inop accel, climb thrust.RGDS