Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All, Been a flight simmer since the SubLogic days and using FS9 / AS6.5 since they were released... This weekend I installed FSX and have been looking at my weather options... As a real world GA pilot - I have been in turbulent conditions where you had to use two hands just to tune a radio... I have landed a Cessna 172 in a gusting 23 knot crosswind that had more adrenilin pumping than when I skydive... In real life the weather can kill you... I never really came across this kind of weather in FS9 as the weather has always been pretty mild or tame... Are severe weather conditions such as turbulance - wind shear - icing - etc modeled better in FSX and ASA than they were in the past ??? Just trying to get a feel for what I can expect...Thanks,Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Scott,No the FSX engine will not allow for real violent weather. You will experience turbulence and icing and such, but not to the degree that you are used to in real life.Thanks,

If you want the best weather depiction (including great violent weather that will kill you) see if you can get hold of Flight Unlimited 2 + 3.Still the most realistic GA simulator out there with the best wx depiction ever (no offense to the Hifi guys who are hindered by Microsoft's poor wx system),

Hi Neil - thanks - not familiar but I'll take a look...Hi Jim, OK - thanks - understand - just a limitation of FS... Always been a big fan of your product - I'm sure I'll be purchasing it before long... Week 1 of FSX and the cost of "necessary" add-ons can be quite overwhelming - just to get FSX to the useable level... I don't see FS9 departing my hard drive any time soon... Keep up the good work...Thanks,Scottt