Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opa

Readers Choice Award Voting problem?

A couple of friends have told me that after they completed the ballot today there was no screen which asked for their e-mail address so their vote could be completed.Is There a glitch in the system perhaps?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A couple of friends have told me that after they completed the ballot today there was no screen which asked for their e-mail address so their vote could be completed.Is There a glitch in the system perhaps?
Nope. What they are doing is trying to double vote I suspect, knowingly or otherwise. The system plants a cookie and if you revote it appears your vote was completed. In reality, the system just trashes your duplicate vote and let's you think it counted. :(

Nope. What they are doing is trying to double vote I suspect, knowingly or otherwise. The system plants a cookie and if you revote it appears your vote was completed. In reality, the system just trashes your duplicate vote and let's you think it counted. :(
I just talked with one "voter' and he assured me that he had only accessed the voting process the one time - but never got the e-mail screen.Guess it is water over the dam now.

Tom -Just had another friend tell me the very same story - first and only time he tried to vote - no screen ever appeared requesting input of an e-mail address.Thought you should know.

Tom -Just had another friend tell me the very same story - first and only time he tried to vote - no screen ever appeared requesting input of an e-mail address.Thought you should know.
David, I cannot detect where anything is amiss. Can you get your friends to get us a screen shot?