Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

Departure runway

Guest Alias

Hi,there are certain runways at Schipol that are unsuitable for take off of heavy aircrafts, but sometimes I am given instructions to leave from one of them. Is there a way to let RC know that some runways must not be use for departure? I have tweaked the Afcad files already by marking "Closed for Take off" and rebuilt the scenery database to no avail.Thanks

Sorry Lorenzo I'm not totally conversant with the inner workings of RC4 but I guess he uses the runway that the AI are using,right or wrong.Like you I find that a "heavy" is not capable of taking off from some of the runways that are allocated but at multi runway airports I use the request another runway feature in the menu.It is always approved and sometimes avoids a long queue as well especially at places like Chicago or LAX

anyone? :(
when told to taxi runway 22, and you want 4, choose the menu item for change runway, choose 4, and i'll expect you to taxi to 4.jd

Guest Alias
when told to taxi runway 22, and you want 4, choose the menu item for change runway, choose 4, and i'll expect you to taxi to 4.jd
Hi jd,yes I know this, I was only wondering whether there was any possibility to "induce" RC not to consider the runways which are closed as per AFCAD files.Thanks

Hi jd,yes I know this, I was only wondering whether there was any possibility to "induce" RC not to consider the runways which are closed as per AFCAD files.Thanks
sorry, not in v4in v5 i do resepct the open/close status of the runway.