Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nooon

Triple display support on single GTX280

Hi,On my GTX280 I have two LCD monitors connected to the DVIs, in a Dualview setup (different resolutions)I happen to have an old spare cannibalized PSOne LCD with a RCA video input (easily convertible to S-Video with a cable changer).Do you know if I can use the S-Video port of the video card for that ? I mean going for a triple displayThe psOne LCD resolutions is, 640x480, but I dunno if the card can support triple output at the sametime...That would make a damn nice CDU screen with the 767.. :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,On my GTX280 I have two LCD monitors connected to the DVIs, in a Dualview setup (different resolutions)I happen to have an old spare cannibalized PSOne LCD with a RCA video input (easily convertible to S-Video with a cable changer).Do you know if I can use the S-Video port of the video card for that ? I mean going for a triple displayThe psOne LCD resolutions is, 640x480, but I dunno if the card can support triple output at the sametime...That would make a damn nice CDU screen with the 767.. :(
Auto answer, just tried, doesn't work :(

Do you know a cheap PCI or PCI-E card that will suit well with the GTX280 ?My goal is to display a 640*480 onto the TV-Out

Do you know a cheap PCI or PCI-E card that will suit well with the GTX280 ?My goal is to display a 640*480 onto the TV-Out
---------------My understanding is that a computer can have only one video driver. Therefore a second GPU must be able to utilize that driver. That is, it must be of the same family as your primary video card- although not necessarily identical.Alex Reid

that makes sense ! I believe a cheap Nvidia 7200GS PCI Express 1.0 will do the job !I have another problem, tho. The Nvidia driver allows, at least, a 800x600 resolution... But the TV Screen targetted for this will be a 640x480 PSOne LCD, has someone an idea how can I override this ?

that makes sense ! I believe a cheap Nvidia 7200GS PCI Express 1.0 will do the job !I have another problem, tho. The Nvidia driver allows, at least, a 800x600 resolution... But the TV Screen targetted for this will be a 640x480 PSOne LCD, has someone an idea how can I override this ?
----------------Used LCDs are getting pretty common and cheap. I recently picked up a nice IBM/Lenovo 17- like new, for $75. It is teamed up with an Acer 17 and a 9 yr old KDS 19CRT. With a bit of colour balancing they all work just fine together in a Triple Views, 145

----------------Used LCDs are getting pretty common and cheap. I recently picked up a nice IBM/Lenovo 17- like new, for $75. It is teamed up with an Acer 17 and a 9 yr old KDS 19CRT. With a bit of colour balancing they all work just fine together in a Triple Views, 145