Sign in to follow this  
maximus92

Keyboard issue in FSX

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. My keyboard seems to randomly disconnect itself from FSX. The only thing that works is ALT to bring up the menu. Usually I minimize the game to make sure it's working in windows, which it always does. Then I either have to switch views in the game, using a button on my yoke, or minimize the game a couple of times to bring the keyboard back on line. Any suggestions?

Guest santiagoluib3

Is it a USB keyboard and is it connected to a USB hub 'extension'?I do have a secondary keyboard, configured as my 'cockpit panel' and mounted vertically under my monitor. I used to connect it via a USB hub and I do notice it "disconnects" after some into into FSX. I later connect it directly to an extra USB slot in the PC and it never happend again.

I to have this problem occasionally. There was some discussion about this problem several months ago. There were some sugggestions on how to fix the issue, but none worked for me. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse connected to a primary USB port. The mouse never goes to sleep, but the keyboard does at least once a flight. Then it seems to come back to life for no particular reason. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with memory. Any suggestions would be welcome.Thanks

Is it a USB keyboard and is it connected to a USB hub 'extension'?I do have a secondary keyboard, configured as my 'cockpit panel' and mounted vertically under my monitor. I used to connect it via a USB hub and I do notice it "disconnects" after some into into FSX. I later connect it directly to an extra USB slot in the PC and it never happend again.
It's USB and connected to a main port on my machine. I have my Yoke and TQ hooked through a hub which is hooked in a USB port on my keyboard, and my rudder pedals are hooked directly in the other USB port on my keyboard, and they never go to sleep. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Incidentally my keyboard is the original G15 from Logitech.