Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerryuscg

Reassigning Hatswitch View values

While trying to setup my new Go Flight Hardware I messed up my Saitek Hatswitch panning and/or views and I can NOT figgure out how to fix it. Too many view values controled by one switch. I know ( or think) that when you assign a certain view to the hatswitch that it must put a "value" somewhere? Airfile, Main FS2004 file etc??? I was flying with three monitors but with the messed up hatswitch I can NOT get the views to line up correctly. I've tried for three days to fix it and I cannt ! Would someone PLEASE tell me how to resetup my hatswitch views on my Saitek Yoke for FS2004? Thanks jerrycwo4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Go to Views in FSX Setting and double-click on the joystick column for View(Pan) and just move the hat and then press ok.Should work. Make sure the slider in the Repeat column is all the way to the right.

Go to Views in FSX Setting and double-click on the joystick column for View(Pan) and just move the hat and then press ok.Should work. Make sure the slider in the Repeat column is all the way to the right.
As it turned out there is NO way to assign a certain view to anyone of the 8 differant positions on the hatswitch. When we had corrected the problem, NO HATSWITCH WAS ASSIGNED TO ANY FUNCTION in the asignments tabs for MS2004. Thats the first place where I went wrong. I tried to assign the "hatswitch to the "view-pan". For a million dollars I can not say the exact step(s) that corrected the problem because I thought that I had been trying almost all of the steps that John had me do. Some of the steps that corrected the problem, in no specific order was: (1)Taking the registered FSIPC.dll OUT of the "moduals folder and running FS2004 one time without it in the moduals folder. (2) Deleating the FSUIPC.cfg and letting FS2004 make a new one on it's own. (3) "CLEAR" the assignments on the "Buttons and Switches" tab in FSUIPC. (4) Reset the "DEFAULTS" in the options/ control/ settings in FS2004. (5) No "hatswitch" was assigned to any "KEYBOARD" assignment in FS2004 "assignments". I had been "hitting" around these steps for over a week but I could not fix the problem. A special thanks to John, he did. jerrycwo4