Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TC1

1st Flight

Last night I installed the RC4 Software Package and this evening I took my first flight. I used the KDSM - KORD tutorial using the default 737. I made my fair share of errors both with RC4 and the FS9 737 (after using the PMDG/LEVEL-D aircraft its a bit of a step backward). Two quick questions:- In flight, am I told when to turn or am I suppose to watch the menu screen? I may have missed a couple of verbal messages, but I am not certain if I did miss the message. I.E. when I approached either DBQ or BRIBE should I have received a verbal message to turn or should have I been watching the menu?- Some where on my approach onto 32R I must have missed verbally or I selected the wrong approach key. My appraoch took me just northeast of KORD. At some point I should have been turn towards the approach for 32R, I believe that I either missed the verbal direction or I selected the visual approach key.Anyway - nice program, after a few more flights I should become a much better in the use of the software.JD - Thanks for your help with my download email issue. It is nice to receive help as quick as you provided it me.Tom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Last night I installed the RC4 Software Package and this evening I took my first flight. I used the KDSM - KORD tutorial using the default 737. I made my fair share of errors both with RC4 and the FS9 737 (after using the PMDG/LEVEL-D aircraft its a bit of a step backward). Two quick questions:- In flight, am I told when to turn or am I suppose to watch the menu screen? I may have missed a couple of verbal messages, but I am not certain if I did miss the message. I.E. when I approached either DBQ or BRIBE should I have received a verbal message to turn or should have I been watching the menu?- Some where on my approach onto 32R I must have missed verbally or I selected the wrong approach key. My appraoch took me just northeast of KORD. At some point I should have been turn towards the approach for 32R, I believe that I either missed the verbal direction or I selected the visual approach key.Anyway - nice program, after a few more flights I should become a much better in the use of the software.JD - Thanks for your help with my download email issue. It is nice to receive help as quick as you provided it me.Tom
1) fly a couple of tutorials, read along with the tutorials. it will all be clear. to answer your question, rc nor real life atc, is going to vector you from point to point. that's your responsibility.2) hard to say. if you asked for a visual approach, you are on your own. no more vectors. i would have to see a log to see what you're doing. fly the tutorials. a little time spent flying the tutorials, will save you hours down the road.jd

JD,I am sure that all of my problems were of my own making. Anything that you can conquer in an hour is not worth doing. I'll learn.Tom

JD,I am sure that all of my problems were of my own making. Anything that you can conquer in an hour is not worth doing. I'll learn.Tom
it probably took us 100+ hours to make those 8 tutorials, to document them, to make screen shots, to make them relevant and to teach you how to do everything you need to do, to be successful. we hoped that spending 100 hours, would prevent 1 hour of troubleshooting with new users. multiply that 1 hour of troubleshooting by thousands, and it should have paid off.jd