Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLEX1978

Engine life

Has anyone noticed that hidden away in your pc eg C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator etc etc there is a seperate file for FS9 that records the hours of every aircraft's engines that you have used since you installed the program? I use the normal PMDG random failure set to minimum and FSPassengers to simulate the ageing and maintenance of an aircraft, just curious as to what that file does.Also with the MD11 I like the new features where you can refuel the aircraft throught the MCDU, I was wondering if any of the Beta testers suggested using the currently inaccessible maintenance page to set forced/random failures and to also clear faults? the less time I have to spend pressing Alt to access menu's the better.CheersRob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rob,This file is FS's logbook - you can view it within the sim... I forget exactly where though.

That's not the logbook Ryan, it's somewhere in the depths of the admin folder. It shows the number of hours on each engine, which is a better approximation of flight time than the default FS log for those who are so inclined. If I recall, it gives the time to 6 decimal places!Paul

That's not the logbook Ryan, it's somewhere in the depths of the admin folder. It shows the number of hours on each engine, which is a better approximation of flight time than the default FS log for those who are so inclined. If I recall, it gives the time to 6 decimal places!Paul
Funny i just found it myself just a few weeks back to check on my fs9.cfg1700 hours on the Queen and counting.BTW The values are for "engine on" time and thus it only records when your engines are actually running. Thus you might see slighly different figures for each engine.Leo :)