Sign in to follow this  
Guest drobson

UltimateTraffic - Almost Too Good To Be True - Almost :)

Guest pagotan

Yes it looks great. By the way someone told me that we shall need roughly 1.3 GB of disk space to install it.Michael

Guest jase439

That's about right. The liveries for each airline/aircraft combo are quite detailed...about 1.3megs each (927x1.3M = 1.21G). The program installer is about 200 megs.It's an absolutely collosal effort. When I first heard about this project, I swore Tom over at Flight 1 had completely lost his mind. Flight 1 pulled it off.It's impressive. The only downside to this product is that you'll likely spend more time watching planes than flying them ;-).

I read an interesting question in the forum of flight1 (which is not answered until now):free translated: "is it possible to fly after an AI plane from taking of to landing and is it possible to continuously seeing it?"An other interesting question could be: if this is the case: at which flight levels the planes fly and obey they the rules for that?.But may be these things are going too far at this moment and it is something for UT2.wvannes

No, you can't, unless you fly in your own aircraft and follow the AI bird. The plane will be visible within the specific sector, once it goes "out of bounds", it will simply disappear. They obey normal IFR rules and fly at the FL specified in the flightplan.

Ah: that means, it then again "re-enters" in surroundings of the destination airfield; an other question: at which distances of the start and landing, it goes "out of bounds" and "re-enters"?regards,Willem

Does anyone know if real weather will affect these AI planes? For example, as pressure changes, even if the AI jets are flying above FL180, will ATC tell them they're deviating from their assigned altitude?Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,I hope you realize that not all 900+ aircraft will have real textures! I don't know what the final list is but I know I read somewhere that they are not all painted in real textures. What I also cannot understand is why so much attention to the REAL flight schedule was placed into this great addon and yet when it comes to the airports the radius method is supported, But not included.Mike

Guest cloudtops

wvannes asked:I read an interesting question in the forum of flight1 (whichis not answered until now):free translated: "is it possible to fly after an AI plane fromtaking of to landing and is it possible to continuously seeingit?"and Mack replied:No, you can't, unless you fly in your own aircraft and follow the AI bird. The plane will be visible within the specific sector, once it goes "out of bounds", it will simply disappear. They obey normal IFR rules and fly at the FL specified in the flightplan.******************Mack is right, and the Traffic Tools 1.3.2 manual written by Lee Swordy specifies even further the "sector" and "out of bounds" limits. To quote ..."FS2002 divides the world into a grid of sectors, approximately 40 mile rectangles. The traffic file contains a massive matrix that specifies exactly which flights are supposed to be in each sector at any given time. The AI active zone consists of the sector you are currently in and the sectors on all adjacent sides, for a block of nine sectors. The program only flies the AI traffic in those nine sectors (an approximately 120 mile rectangle)."That means you can't just hit Ctrl+Shift+W until you find the desired AI plane and follow it to its destination unless the destination is within the approx. 120 mile rectangle. If you choose to and can follow it, it will be within your rectangle and viewable. However, you will also want to consider this (and again I quote Mr. Swordy)..."AI PERFORMANCE: You cannot alter the cruising speeds or the climb and descent profiles of the AI aircraft. The cruising speeds are defined in the aircraft.cfg files but a bug in FS causes the cruising speeds, specified in TAS, to be interpreted as IAS, resulting in the AI aircraft at higher altitudes running full-throttle all the time in an attempt to reach an impossible IAS. There is no known fix for this. AI manoeuvring behaviour is hard-coded in the FS2002 software."I've found that you may not want to try following an AI plane in its own type. Choose a faster type with much better climb performance than the one you're following, as it may well (from my experience) perform with more than reasonable power and speed in climb and cruise.Kevin

Guest Tony_A

"I've found that you may not want to try following an AI plane in its own type. Choose a faster type with much better climb performance than the one you're following, as it may well (from my experience) perform with more than reasonable power and speed in climb and cruise.Kevin"You can also "cheat" a little bit by hitting the Y key to go into slew mode from time to time and catch-up then hit y again to fly along behind. Tony

Guest Vulcho

2 Questions:I installed a lot of PAI planes and FlightPlans. This caused my sestem to "hang" for at least a minute when I clicked the "Select Aircraft" button. FS had to read through every .CFG list and then display the airplanes. Will this be the case with Ultimate Traffic? And will UT be FSCOF compatible?

Thanks Kevin for your clear answer. An other question rises: with UT the air must (may) be crowded with planes: in the nine sectors around you there may be a lot and I assume, you must in that case carefully fly at destined levels to avoid collisions?Willem

Guest oyvindhansen

Depending on what traffic you already have, UT won't necessarily make the skies more crowded the places you fly, but it will make them crowded over most of the world.In my sim I have installed most of the major European, American and Asian carriers with real flightplans provided by Mostrealistic AI. Now when I fly in northern europe I think it is safe to say the carriers I have installed cover at least 95% of real non-charter commercial traffic. What UT will do for me is to add the remaining 5%. So consequently there wont be much more traffic than what many people already have. If you go to a place like Heathrow, one of the busiest places in the world i don't think UT will givve me any boost whatsoever, as I have already innstalled complete flightplans for many of the airlines that fly there, and most of the Traffic is just BA or BMI anyway.But what makes UT exciting is that it adds the small 'one route' carriers that are hard to track down on your own. That is what makes this package worth considering for me.However it seems they are using the ugly PAI models, that are in fact no more fps-friendly than the beatiful Aardvark models. That clearly detracts from the value of UT.- Oyvind