Sign in to follow this  
january

MD11 on CD?

Dear PMDG- The reason you cannot count me as a purchaser of the MD11 for FS9 is that it has yet to appear as a CD release. Please do not assume any declining interest in FS9 products. Had MD11/FS9 been released on CD by now, I would be one of your happy customers. Hopefully the new version of 737NG will be created also for us FS9 supporters- more than a few of us who insist on CD releases before purchase.(CD release signals to me "finally bug free" and a simple installation.)In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy your 737-700/800 and 747 FS9 products.Alex Reid

The CD release will be coming as soon as the product is in what we consider its final state as far as service updates etc... this is how we've always done it. CD vs. download has nothing to do with the FS9 vs. FSX sales stuff - CD sales have historically been a tiny part of the total for each product.The installer on the CD version will be exactly the same as what you get buying the download by the way. Why not just get the download version and burn it to CD?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The CD release will be coming as soon as the product is in what we consider its final state as far as service updates etc... this is how we've always done it. CD vs. download has nothing to do with the FS9 vs. FSX sales stuff - CD sales have historically been a tiny part of the total for each product.The installer on the CD version will be exactly the same as what you get buying the download by the way. Why not just get the download version and burn it to CD?
--------------Tabs- Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, that's why I wait for a "final state" CD version. And too old to figure out how to download/activate/reactivate after problems etc! My sys is 6 years old- no burner! But hey, runs 737/747 with triple mons/triple views very nicely! Looking forward to FS9 737NG reissue.Your response appreciated. Alex Reid

Guest monkshood

Wish I had waited for a CD/DVD. The problems I've had are immense and ongoing. I know time seems compressed when you're in freefall, but it took me over three days just to download the MD11 and since then another 4 with the thing sitting on my system and me not being able to install it because of validation issues.In the whole scheme of things it's perhaps quite insignificant, but the motive to purchase was based on the sense that I wanted the product and wanted it to work. Well, that just ain