Sign in to follow this  
Guest dakrisht

Saitek Quadrant + X45

Guest dakrisht

Hey everyone,I've been using the Saitek X45 sidestick + throttle for a few years now. I've had no reason to upgrade it since it does the job and feels great. I certainly will be getting the Saitek Flight Yoke soon, just not yet ;)I don't have rudder pedals and use 'rudder' on the back of the Saitek X45 throttle... Seems to work fine.I'm looking at purchasing the Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant as it looks great and I just like it a lot! ;) Thinking of configuring it to be my speed brake + flaps on heavy metal and to be the throttle, mixture, trim on light aircraft (bypassing my X45 throttle)They should all work together without issues, yes?I would get rid of the Saitek X45 throttle but I'd have no rudder and wouldn't even be able to taxi!Some thoughts on the Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant? Looks great!

They should all work together without issues, yes?
The Saitek Throttle Quad is a seperate controller and will work fine in conjunction with your X45.

Guest dakrisht
The Saitek Throttle Quad is a seperate controller and will work fine in conjunction with your X45.
Thanks

Guest dakrisht

Just got the quadrant. Not too bad.Any idea how to set it up so that two of the three levers aren't being used for control surfaces, rather thrust + mixture perhaps even flaps??I'm using the Saitex X45 also and am a little lost as to how to configure the new quadrant in FSX.Thanks

I use the X45, Saitek yoke, throttle quad, and CH rudders.I have the older Saitek drivers installed for the X45 and have a profile programmed via the SST profiler software. The new drivers for the throttle quad will conflict with the older driver on the X45. I don't want to update the X45 because the new SST software can't use my current profiles, and I don't want to redo them all in the new SST. So I am using the default MS drivers with the throttle quad.You should be able to assign any of the quad axis and buttons using the control assignments in FSX. Make sure you do it for both normal flight and slew mode. I use the pay version of FSUIPC to set them, though. In FSUIPC I can asign a slight dead band at the bottom (idle) position of each lever, then the buttons that are activated when you pull the lever all the way back I set to decrease throttle, decrease pitch, and decrease mixture. That gives you reverser, prop feather, and engine cut (if your aircraft supports those functions).I find assigning a lever axis to spoiler axis doesn't always work with every aircraft. Sometimes the spoiler will just jump from down to up or back.scott s..