Sign in to follow this  
Guest dakrisht

Autogen Tweak

Guest Nick_N
OK bud - will give that a try - Here is another pic in LA at night with UTX on.
Glad it worked... now you can enjoy the corrected urban landclass, shorelines, rivers, streams, lakes and other items UTX adds which in my opinion are a must have staple for any MSFS system. Try dropping that TBM.. if you find it runs better and looks sharper higher then by all means set it back. It would be the first time I have seen a i7/285 or a very clocked Q/8800GTX run TBM that high though :(

Glad it worked... now you can enjoy the corrected urban landclass, shorelines, rivers, streams, lakes and other items UTX adds which in my opinion are a must have staple for any MSFS system. Try dropping that TBM.. if you find it runs better and looks sharper higher then by all means set it back. It would be the first time I have seen a i7/285 or a very clocked Q/8800GTX run TBM that high though :(
Dropped it to 90 and things are the same. <good> However, took a flight over NYC and wasn't pretty. I disabled all UTX night lighting and all was back to normal. Guess that hits even my hardware as hard as others. Still - everything else about UTX is great so I can definetly live with this.Thanks again

Guest dakrisht
Dropped it to 90 and things are the same. <good> However, took a flight over NYC and wasn't pretty. I disabled all UTX night lighting and all was back to normal. Guess that hits even my hardware as hard as others. Still - everything else about UTX is great so I can definetly live with this.Thanks again
Thanks for all your help, Nick. These forums are blessed by your expertise :(I've ordered a GTX-260, we'll see what happens. I agree that UTX could be the culprit at night because I AM able to get smooth flight during the day with my current setup at or around 25-30fps. At night is when I really get hammered...I have 1.2 installed and disabled vehicles from the UTX setup menu, as soon as I get my new VC I'll adjust using your settings and see what happens. I'm using Auslogics Disk Defrag BTW.

Guest dakrisht

Nick,Could you please talk about TBM, what it does and why the sweet spot is 70-80 and not 90+?Also, what is your recommendation for a BP for my new GTX-260 Superclocked coming soon? :(Thanks again!

Guest 413X3

Nick I noticed you have us setting filtering to triliniar in the sim. any reason for not setting it to af?

Guest Nick_N
Nick,Could you please talk about TBM, what it does and why the sweet spot is 70-80 and not 90+?Also, what is your recommendation for a BP for my new GTX-260 Superclocked coming soon? :(Thanks again!
In a nutshell the FS9 textures were 1/4 the scale and size of FSX... the max for FS9 was 400 and that worked for 512 cardsIn FSX a TBM of 400 would equate to needing a 2GB video card! (I wont bother you with the equations as I dont have time)so 1/4 of 400 is 100.. 100 being the max My tuning list discusses TBM. Between 70 and 90 is the sweet spot above that is silly and not needed however some older cards/systems that are not busy dealing with shaders because of their older design/setting have been known to see good results at 100And there are some systems that run better at the default of 40 however I have yet to personally come across one I have tuned that used 40, or, above 90I personally run 80Read my tuning list about bufferpools.. regardless of the card it is a test and see setting and does not always help.

I've fixed my static popping sound by reducing the number of trees FSX shows. I have buildings set high (4500) and trees low (800). I may try 1000 for trees and see what happens.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest Nick_N
I've fixed my static popping sound by reducing the number of trees FSX shows. I have buildings set high (4500) and trees low (800). I may try 1000 for trees and see what happens.
Which is exactly what bufferpools attacks
NOTE: BUFFERPOOLS only helps with smoothness in banks/turns when flying low over urban autogen and flying low in bush over large amounts of autogen trees.
however in your case you have one of those motherboards that is really outa whack and is very sensitive to the latency problem

Guest dakrisht

OK, installed the massive GTX-260 Superclocked today to some positive results.I can achieve smooth flight with Very Dense/Very Dense sliders in and around LAX, averaging about 26-32 fps. BUT, disabling UTX night lighting was a major performance gain. Don't understand how those beautiful little lights UTX uses for night effects can hamper performance so much :( on every system!Nick, I think you mentioned disabling UTX night lighting and using GEX night lighting for a nice combo - I'll look into that and perhaps purchase GEX.I've used a BP of 70MB and a TBM of 80, so far so good.Also, the fps limiter seems kind of irrelevant at the moment as another FSX user mentioned, so we'll see about that.(P.s. I've also gone to 3.8Ghz, will try to push to 3.9 - 4.0 but I might fry my CPU :()