Sign in to follow this  
Guest RedRepublik

At Stall speed

Guest RedRepublik

I am using ASA advanced with my Level D My setup is FSX - SP2Level D 767 SP2Vista 64 bit SP1ASA with SP1 (Beta)I am having terrible troubles with the wind and flying with the Level D ...For some strange reason, even though I have a tail wind of 70 Knots .... N1 at 100% and AT set to be at .82 Mach, as indicated by the screenshot below, my plane is almost at stall speed and regularly stalls2009-4-1_15-59-38-903-1-1.jpg2009-4-1_15-59-38-903-1.jpgIt is absolutely annoying ... this issue never arose with ASX ... granted that had its issue but this is terrible.I have followed all directions on this forum by enabling DWS but still I dont have this issue.This issue is almost guaranteed to happen when on a trans Atlantic trip ... it rarely happens while flying short haul within Europe.Can someone please confirm if this is a problem with the level D ..... I would rather go back to ASX if this problem keeps happening, its just totally unacceptable.Or alternavility can someone add something to this and advice what I need to do, I appreciate the ASA is having troubles with sim connect but surely this level of issues is not acceptableRegards John

Can someone please confirm if this is a problem with the level D
I don't think it is a Level D problem, I've had similar problems with the PMDG 747 and MD-11 in FSX. What seems to happen is a change in wind direction and speed that gives an increase in tail winds - if it happens fast enough the airplane cannot keep up and starts loosing airspeed. Once that happens you may need to descend a bit to pick up airspeed, then climb back up. Like you I see it most often i thinly populated parts of the world (with long distances between individual weather stations).I'm using FSUIPC to smooth winds/temperature/pressure changes, so I no longer have a problem, but that solution requires a registered version of FSUIPC.HIFI support will want to know the details of how your ASA is configured.Tom

Hi John,I'm running the same ASA build and mainly fly the Level D 767 and have never had the problems you are describing. My set up differs from yours in that my OS is XP Pro and I'm running the Acceleration pack. I mainly fly short and medium haul in either Europe or the US. Never done a transatlantic crossing so perhaps it's something peculiar to oceanic crossings. Have you tried similar flights with FSX's own weather instead of ASA? Might help narrow it down to either ASA or the 767. Steve

Hi All,It may be the way the Level D is using our winds data and this we are looking into, so please give us that chance.The problem with SimConnect has always been there and always will be there. We are just trying to find the best ways around it for all planes and users.As I just posted in another thread, I am posting this situation for the development team to look at. Any other information or findings are much appreciated!Thanks,

Guest RedRepublik
Hi All,It may be the way the Level D is using our winds data and this we are looking into, so please give us that chance.The problem with SimConnect has always been there and always will be there. We are just trying to find the best ways around it for all planes and users.As I just posted in another thread, I am posting this situation for the development team to look at. Any other information or findings are much appreciated!Thanks,
Ok, thanks ... at least I know I aint losing my marbles, although unfortunately I only fly the Level D .. so looks like a case of having to either stick with the problem or stop using ASA for Trans Atlantic (which is almost unconcievable) Hopefully you guys might have something in the plan to fix this ...
Never done a transatlantic crossing so perhaps it's something peculiar to oceanic crossings. Have you tried similar flights with FSX's own weather instead of ASA? Might help narrow it down to either ASA or the 767.
Only happens of trans atlantic ..... maybe you could be right
I'm using FSUIPC to smooth winds/temperature/pressure changes, so I no longer have a problem, but that solution requires a registered version of FSUIPC.
Have latest version of registered FSUIPC .... Still have the problems thoughThanks all for the repliesRegardsJohn