Sign in to follow this  
BigRick

XG SP4 wont install. Gives error 1310

I have a problem trying to get XG SP4 to install. When running the installed, I get Error 1310. Error writing to file:D:\Config.Msi\XXXXXXXX.rbf. Verify that you have access to that directory.The XXXX is a different filename each time. When I click Retry, it give me the same error, but with a different filename. And it's not an immediate display of an error. Anyone come across this? I'm running Vista64 and all necessary directories are shared. Thanx!-Rick

Hi,Please try right mouse clicking on the .exe and Run.....As Administrator.Thanks,

Hi,Please try right mouse clicking on the .exe and Run.....As Administrator.Thanks,
Not really necessary since my account is flagged with full administrator rights, but tried it anyway as you suggested. Same prob.-Rick

Hi,Is XG installed into your Program Files path?Thanks,

Hi,Is XG installed into your Program Files path?Thanks,
Nope. Here's the layout..... FS is running on my main computer linked thru a router. All FS utilities (PFE, ASX, XG, FSUIPC, XPax etc) are running on a 2nd computer also networked thru the router. All updates by ASX/XG get applied to FS on my main computer, so it's not that they are not talking ok. Now, my XG is installed on my SATAII drive which is designated D: It's under D:\FSXUtils\XGraphics. Since I'm running a 64 bit version of Windows Vista, the registry entry for XG and ASX is under a KEY entry called Wow6432Node and not the normal KEY entry. This should not matter as Vista64 should catch it if it asks for the normal default KEY entry. Sorta like it catching calls for the My Documents folder and redirecting the calls to the Documents folder. Make any sense?-Rick

Hi Rick,I am really not sure, but I am going to get a hold of Damian and direct him to this thread. He will know more about your set up and situation.Thanks,Jim

Hello,A google came up with this good link:http://cherrybyte.blogspot.com/2007/03/err...ng-to-file.htmlDoes not appear to be related to XG or any software directly but rather a problem in windows (installer) and possibly some problems with Carbonite backup service software if you are running that.In a nutshell, try re-registering windows installer by:1. Click Start, and then click Run.2. In the Open box, type msiexec /unreg, and then press ENTER.3. Click Start, and then click Run.4. In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.If running Carbonite there may be an update or you could temporary disable during install until they are able to fix it.Does this help?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Apparently some misbehaving AV software can also cause this. Please try disabling as part of these suggestions. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Apparently some misbehaving AV software can also cause this. Please try disabling as part of these suggestions. Thanks!
I disable my avast any time I install something that I trust, so that's not the issue. Also, I know about the MS installer unreg/rereg, but have not tried that one yet. Will give it a whirl and see if that might be it. No other program installations using the MS installer seems to create the prob tho. Hmmm.....-Rick