Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Does FS2K2 Support 4 Speakers

HiThe reason i ask is that i've recently upgraded to a new mobo that happened to have an integrated sound driver that supports upto 6 speakers. When running fs with the pss a320 and 4 speakers, i can hear switch and fmc clicks from the rear speakers but no others (engine, environment etc) sounds. I've looked through the sounds settings but don't seem to be able to get any others sounds from the rear speakers. Anyone got any suggestions ?ThanksGaryWindows XP proAMD XP2400+512MbGeForce 3 Ti200

Hi Gary. The answer is YES ! I have found this below whilst downloading sounds for an MD80. In the root fs2002.cfg file under SOUND, you will see channels set to 2. change this to 4. Voila !If you copy and paste this (below), fs will also allow higher-pitched noises, such as engine whine.[sOUND]SOUND=1SOUND_FADER1=1.000000SOUND_FADER2=0.470000SOUND_FADER3=0.620000SOUND_FADER4=0.800000SOUND_FADER5=0.810000SOUND_FADER6=1.000000SOUND_QUALITY=2Channels=4SamplesPerSec=44100BitsPerSample=16I can't remember the author off-hand, but many thanks are due. IMPORTANT!! MAKE A COPY OF ORIGINAL FILE, AS ALWAYS.Hope this works OK for you.RegardsBob

I second Bob ... although don't forget the last line in that string, for sound quality ... I run mine at SOUND_QUALITY=2 which works well.I have two regular speakers and a subwoofer, and have added two MAJOR speakers through a Nakamichi amp I happened to have sitting around.No one comes near me when I'm flying DC6s, tee hee. Although I do try to be considerate to the neighbours who are probably looking overheard thinking we're being invaded.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I have a 5.1 sound card and 5.1 speakers, will setting "Channels=5" work as well?

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Thanks for the heads up. I have very good sound from my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card and Altec Lansing speakers (4) plus sub-woofer. Just added the last three lines of your config file to mine. Will give it a whirl tonight. I was happy before. This might even be better. Note: Engine sounds did not come from the two rear speakers -- only the two front speakers and sub-woofer. However, the ATC came in on the two rear speakers.This should be fun to explore. Thanks again.Frenchy -- out.

Hi,I also have the 5.1 speakers with an Audigy 2 card. Setting the channels at 4, all the channels worked just great.Another tip that should go to the tips forum.Thanks, Bob!Ed