Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cactus521

XML Gauge issue, 2-d Panel

Hi all,I've made a couple of XML gauges for FS9/FSX--one reads back rpm's, the other is an ASI. They work great in the virtual cockpit, but in 2d panel mode the needles don't rotate. Is this a known limitation of xml programming? If not, do my dial and needle bitmaps need to be in a specific format? Currently I am using 8 bit for both. In 2-d panel mode both gauges display, but the needles stay put. Regards,John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi all,I've made a couple of XML gauges for FS9/FSX--one reads back rpm's, the other is an ASI. They work great in the virtual cockpit, but in 2d panel mode the needles don't rotate. Is this a known limitation of xml programming? If not, do my dial and needle bitmaps need to be in a specific format? Currently I am using 8 bit for both. In 2-d panel mode both gauges display, but the needles stay put. Regards,John
Hi John,I never experianced such a limitation, especially not on the color depth of included bitmaps.Although there are some XML constructs that do work in FS9 but not in FSX, I've never seen an XML gauge that does work in VC, but not in a 2D window.Maybe if you post the gauge and bitmap, we can have a look.But I suspect something else is causing your problem, which manifests itself not to work in a 2D panel just by co

Hi John,I never experianced such a limitation, especially not on the color depth of included bitmaps.Although there are some XML constructs that do work in FS9 but not in FSX, I've never seen an XML gauge that does work in VC, but not in a 2D window.Maybe if you post the gauge and bitmap, we can have a look.But I suspect something else is causing your problem, which manifests itself not to work in a 2D panel just by co

OK, found the answer to my problem. I installed my gauge in a different aircraft and it worked in 2d and the VC. That took my focus to my panel.cfg, where I found (and removed) this entry for the main 2d window:update_rate=100000Probably some odd tweak I thought I needed on my older system, but oddly enough it had no effect on the old "C" style .gau files I replaced. Makes me quite happy, means I can update one of my aircraft designs for FS-X.Regards,John

I'm happy you found your problem, John...Please though, when posting XML (or any other code), wrap the entry with the "Code" tags... (last icon on the right in the editor's toolbar:

This text is "wrapped" using the "Code" tag tool...				  and preserves the formatting of the code...