I'm using ASA B394 in FS9.1.Before starting FS I start ASA and get that to the stage where I can view the report screen. Ususally the station it is set to is from the previous FS session. I then minimise ASA to the taskbar.Then I start AlacrityPC to go through its process and start FS, which loads up at my default airport. I select the airport I'm going to start from if it is not my default and then select the aircraft I'm going to use (invariably one of the PMDGs). What I have noticed, if I'm not starting from my default airport, is that when I bring ASA up from the taskbar after a few minutes at my starting airport, to check the weather, it is still locked to my default airport. It isn't until it comes up on the screen that it then switches to my current airport. This makes me wonder just how long it would stay locked to the "wrong" airport? Or is there an event that would "jog" it into switching anyway? Surely, when it's minimised it should carry on working as usual? :( It seems an impossible thing to check. It's a bit like trying to ensure that the light inside your fridge goes out when you close the door! :(I just wondered if this was normal or if anyone else had noticed this behaviour?Iain Smith

I'm using ASA B394 in FS9.1.Before starting FS I start ASA and get that to the stage where I can view the report screen. Ususally the station it is set to is from the previous FS session. I then minimise ASA to the taskbar.Then I start AlacrityPC to go through its process and start FS, which loads up at my default airport. I select the airport I'm going to start from if it is not my default and then select the aircraft I'm going to use (invariably one of the PMDGs). What I have noticed, if I'm not starting from my default airport, is that when I bring ASA up from the taskbar after a few minutes at my starting airport, to check the weather, it is still locked to my default airport. It isn't until it comes up on the screen that it then switches to my current airport. This makes me wonder just how long it would stay locked to the "wrong" airport? Or is there an event that would "jog" it into switching anyway? Surely, when it's minimised it should carry on working as usual? :( It seems an impossible thing to check. It's a bit like trying to ensure that the light inside your fridge goes out when you close the door! :( I just wondered if this was normal or if anyone else had noticed this behaviour?Iain Smith
Are you sure that ASA is just not shutting down? That has been my big problem. It just shuts down. It always happens when I use a saved Metar flight, and I usually first notice it when the X box stops updating. Everything seems to work fine as long as I stay in Real time and weather. I've been working with Jim on this problem, but I think he may be behind the power curve now. Last night, I uninstalled the ASA update and went back to ASX. Everything worked perfect. I also question the effect these multiple X Graphics that ASA wants to use have on the program? I should have deleted all of those and seen what happened. It did seem like ASA started shutting down all the time after I installed these different weather graphics. I'm just going to keep looking at this forum and try ASA again after they put out a new Build.

Iain - I have no direct knowledge that this is the case with ASA but in many programs that I have written, screen updates are not done when the program is minimized. The logic of the program, the weather, in this case, is updated accordingly but the what you see on the screen is not updated until you "see" the screen.If this is not the case with ASA, I'm sure that Damian will chime in but it's not uncommon.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Iain - I have no direct knowledge that this is the case with ASA but in many programs that I have written, screen updates are not done when the program is minimized. The logic of the program, the weather, in this case, is updated accordingly but the what you see on the screen is not updated until you "see" the screen.If this is not the case with ASA, I'm sure that Damian will chime in but it's not uncommon.Vic
Aha Vic! A light has just come on! I think you've hit on the answer. A screen update - yes of course, that must be it. Thanks.Iain Smith