Does anyone else find that Sata cables don't have a very 'firm' or 'positive' connection?I have four - sometimes five hard drives in my PC, and I often have problems with sata cables not properly connecting. Sometimes, if I've been inside the case, I find i've accidentally disloged one, causing the drive not work.

Does anyone else find that Sata cables don't have a very 'firm' or 'positive' connection?I have four - sometimes five hard drives in my PC, and I often have problems with sata cables not properly connecting. Sometimes, if I've been inside the case, I find i've accidentally disloged one, causing the drive not work.
Yes they dont always stay put. I know you can get locking tab SATA cables that lock in place but they are a bit pricey over the standard. Sounds like you are in the case alot so they may be a good investment for you.Check it outhttp://www.viddler.com/explore/HardOCP/videos/10/4.494/

Jim Wenham

Guest djt01
Actually I find it to be opposite; I usually use these types of SATA cables and find that they fit very tight -http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4269/cab...l?tl=g2c197s481or- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5587/sat...l?tl=g2c197s481 ASUS Rampage Extreme BIOS 1104 Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtremeOCZ Intel Extreme Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)EVGA GTX 280 FTW (185.66)Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1tyWD VelociRaptor 150GB

Guest Staggerwing
Yup, mine have always been very loose fit...thought it odd right from the first build with them about 4 years ago, but never had one come off. Every time I'm in the case I think about how wrong it seems :(

I have even had SATA cables not fit tightly and fall out because the locking tabs on them wouldn't lock.