Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest gosabres

Remove eyebrow windows from default 737 cockpit

Does anybody know how to remove eyebrow windows from the default 737-800 vc? I have merged the default vc with the posky 737-700 model easily. However many 737's now do not have eyebrow windows. I know a texture mod has been done to the pmdg model but im not sure if it can be done with the microsoft model. And while im asking, for some reason the vc is in the wrong place when I merge it with the posky 737-800 model. For example, the jetway is attached right against the door when I view the aircraft from the outside, however when viewed from the vc it is very far ahead and unattached. I already tried the posky forum.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

how can you add a vc to a model? i had no idea that was possible

how can you add a vc to a model? i had no idea that was possible
Check out the simobjects/aircraft/b737_800/model folder. You should have two .MDL files and one model.cfg file. Note how one of the model files is called B737_800_interior.mdl . Not an expert here but I think with FSX the VC (interior) can be a separate model. To merge to Posky and default 737 I presume the OP copied this mdl to his posky folder and adjusted the model.cfg as necessary?

theres a topic over at the world of ai forums on how to do it. Project airbus also has details on how to do merges.

So is it possible to remove the eyebrow windows on the default 737??

No, not unless you can get the model source code and remodel the exterior and VC, then retexture all of it.

Probably just easier to buy the NGX or iFly.