Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

MD11 help

Bear with me I have alot to learn. I have been reading the tutorial and going over things, I have alot of questions but will try to just get a few answered at a time. (1) During taxi it say to arm the AutoFlight. It also says during take off to engage it again at around 400ft. When I do this it shuts the autopilot off. (2) Say Im flying online and instead of a SID I have to fly a RW heading and then ATC is going to vector me around before telling me to head direct to my first waypoint. Do I just use the Heading and VS to handle things I can't press the PROF button because thats kinda controlling both LNAV and VNAV just want to know what others do in this situation. (3) Final question for today I can't seem to get it to save a Cold and Dark setup I have to start the fight then load the Cold and Dark panel, I tried saving panel config but nothing. Thanks for any input you pro's can provide, I see this is going to take a bit to get used to. ThanksIan

1. The first press of the auroflight button should arm the AT. Pressing it again in the air will engage the AP. Are you pressing the button or using the Z key?2.Unlike the Airbus, PROF and FMS SPEED work without NAV. In that situation, I arm PROF on the ground and use heading select.Paul

1. The first press of the auroflight button should arm the AT. Pressing it again in the air will engage the AP. Are you pressing the button or using the Z key?2.Unlike the Airbus, PROF and FMS SPEED work without NAV. In that situation, I arm PROF on the ground and use heading select.Paul
No Im pressing the button not Z. So i can Arm PROF on the ground use the heading Selector for Vectoring and when I'm ready to have it follow my flightplan I can just press the NAV button after setting up the fmc to track a direct heading to my first waypoint. Ian

CorrectWith respect to the autopilot shutting off, are you pressing the single button marked AUTOFLIGHT, or one of the 2 switches marked AFS (which exposes a yellow bar)?Paul

Ian, i bet you are trying to engage the autopilot at 400' Above Sea Level...autopilot will not engage below 400' above GROUND level,

Ian, i bet you are trying to engage the autopilot at 400' Above Sea Level...autopilot will not engage below 400' above GROUND level,
Yep I think that was the case, I did another practice run and it worked fine, thanks for all your help guys.