Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Auto Brake Never Engages On Touchdown

I mainly use the FriendlyPanels 737NG, but this seems to happen almost every time I land -I always set my autobrake around 2000 ft. MSL and I usually touchdown any a/c at or below 125 FPM -- sometimes around 60 or 70 FPM, if I'm especially on the beam :( . Am I touching down a bit TOO lightly/Did I mess up a line in my FS9.cfg file or something? This problem is getting annoying (but is, by no means devastating1 :-) )As always, thanks for your help!

I mainly use the FriendlyPanels 737NG, but this seems to happen almost every time I land -I always set my autobrake around 2000 ft. MSL and I usually touchdown any a/c at or below 125 FPM -- sometimes around 60 or 70 FPM, if I'm especially on the beam :( . Am I touching down a bit TOO lightly/Did I mess up a line in my FS9.cfg file or something? This problem is getting annoying (but is, by no means devastating1 :-) )As always, thanks for your help!
Off the top, and this assumes Friendlypanels use default fs autobrake:Fs only recognizes 3 contact points for gear, some custom fdes with many contact points can cause default autobrakes to fail. Posky's 'true feel' fdes are an example.Don't know if it applies but it happened to me way back when I was not a high end payware airliner junkie.

Regards,

Mark

Is it possible that your touching your brake? I know this disconnects the auto brake. I have mine set on my rudder pedals and if I'm "kicking" I may tap the toe sometimes. BTW I still love your dog!

>>Posky's 'true feel' fdes are an example.Well, THERE'S my problem . . . the FDEs are Posky's. Is there any way to fix it?>>Is it possible that your touching your brake? Altstiff: Not likely, but a good suggestion. I'll be real careful to note all of my actions/reactions on my next landing. BTW, Thanks! I still love my dog(s) too, and Jack there is doing great. He's doing his math homework right now, smart little bugger! :(

I'm assuming you know how to open and edit the aircraft.cfg with notepad? If so I think Posky includes 'simple' contact points in the aircraft.cfg. Just make a copy of the aircraft.cfg as backup, then you just comment out or delete the 'trufeel' CONTACT POINTS section and remove comments from the alternative simpler section.Let us know if you need further help.And yes - sweet pups :(

Regards,

Mark