Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest wingsnwheels

Can I remove hard coded landing lights

I find many of the aircraft I fly have hard coded landing lights. I want to add Shockwave lights via the aircraft.cfg. Does anyone know what I need to alter in the mdl file please.Thanks in advance,Tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I find many of the aircraft I fly have hard coded landing lights. I want to add Shockwave lights via the aircraft.cfg. Does anyone know what I need to alter in the mdl file please.Thanks in advance,Tony
It is those "hard coded landing lights" that provide the ground illumination... The Shockwave lights will not illuminate the ground at all.

Thanks to you both. It's just that some lights look like a large triangular table napkin with no variation. I hoped to make them look more realistic.

Thanks to you both. It's just that some lights look like a large triangular table napkin with no variation. I hoped to make them look more realistic.
This sounds like an FS9 model ported over to FSX. It is possible that some addon has altered your halo.bmp and/or spotlight.bmp files in the default ..\Texture folder.halo.bmp generates the "ball of light" which replaces the "triangle polygon" to which the .fx file is attached in the model.spotlight.bmp generates the "ground splash" that is used by the fx_landing.fx effect file, as well as the one called for by an FS9 model's LIGHT_LAND named polygon.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the bitmaps and see what can be done.