Sign in to follow this  
Jayskits

SLEW QUESTION

Strange behavior: On the ground at rest at any location. When I hit the 'Y' key to turn on SLEW, it switches into SLEW mode and immediately takes off at high speed, going laterally. It will keep racing unless I hit the '5' key on the numpad to stop it. Seems like on immediately entering slew mode, something is not zeroed out, and a lateral directional input is already "on", and at high speed. Is this fault something in the FS9 cfg that needs changing??Thanks,John

Strange behavior: On the ground at rest at any location. When I hit the 'Y' key to turn on SLEW, it switches into SLEW mode and immediately takes off at high speed, going laterally. It will keep racing unless I hit the '5' key on the numpad to stop it. Seems like on immediately entering slew mode, something is not zeroed out, and a lateral directional input is already "on", and at high speed. Is this fault something in the FS9 cfg that needs changing??Thanks,John
Here are a couple of tricks I have used-1. Recalibrate the joystick giving a little bit more "null zone" - joysticks, as they age seem to not always go all the back to "center" so a liitle large "null zone" can help.2. Disable the joystick before entering slew mode - CTRL K is the default command I believe. Just be sure to toggle it back on after you finish slewing.Hope these ideas are helpful. :(

Probably caused by your joystick not being perfectly centred, it started doing that with me too after I performed some surgery on my Saitek controller by removing its over-zealous centering spring, now it flops about quite loosely more like a parked up light aircraft yoke, which I like, but it did mean that it was ready to slew my aircraft miles when I had slewing assigned to the stick, because it now has no self centering.So, what I tend to do is completely disable the ability of joysticks to slew at all, via the FS key assignments, then use keyboard commands instead, because normally I'll be just whacking a plane up to 40,000 with slew and starting the engines in a dive or some such in order to test it out without having to spend ages climbing and going to the runway etc, so I really only need the key to increase altitude, which if I recall is F4 by default (might be wrong on that, if it aint F4 it's one nearby).Al.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was assuming (always a dangerous thing to do) that the OP would be slewing with the number pad commands rather than with the joystick.